Sluggish Acceleration off-the-line when Warm - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Sluggish Acceleration off-the-line when Warm

Pardon me if an answer to my problem has been posted somewhere already... I'm having difficulty searching these forums. (Server issues??).

Anyway, my '05 X's 6.0L PowerStroke accelerates from a stop (when warm) as though its turbocharger isn't spinning... either that, or like I'm dragging a 5-ton trailer behind me.

It's not so noticeable when cold... but when the engine is warm/hot, sometimes I pull out into traffic and am frightened by the lack of acceleration. Then I mash the pedal and the engine spools up and seems to finally get going.

Any ideas? This just ain't right for a motor with 560 lb/ft of torque.

Tony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Dont Know but hopefully a Tech will!!
BUMPITY
Old 07-30-2007, 05:25 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

there are several things , turbo may be sticking being the most common , line to map sensor maybe slightly clogged , not very likely but have seen it, ebp sensor bad , vgt solenoid sticking on turbo, egr valve acting up some , need to have codes pulled just to see if there are any , it can set a code with no light on, my
Old 07-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
there are several things , turbo may be sticking being the most common , line to map sensor maybe slightly clogged , not very likely but have seen it, ebp sensor bad , vgt solenoid sticking on turbo, egr valve acting up some , need to have codes pulled just to see if there are any , it can set a code with no light on, my
I totally agree with scott's above post...the only other usefull info i can think of is if there is any black smoke and how much...
Old 08-01-2007, 10:29 AM

Is it just turbo lag? I just bought a 06 F250 and when I push on the throttle it seems to sit for about 2-3 seconds then it spools and goes. I thought this was normal for the 6.0's. I had a 7.3 before and there is a night and day difference between the two as far as spool up and take off. Maybe there is something wrong with mine to. I will be watching this thread.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to thunderinms
Mine was doing the same thing the other day. I did not get a check engine light though. I will pull the codes tonight when I get home. I was thinking of upgrading the diablo and tuning it to TOW SAFE and trying that...

GG
Old 08-10-2007, 05:44 PM

mine did the same thing, if i mashed on it when i was up to speed it would go like a scalded dog but at idle and initial acceleration i didnt hear much turbo noise. It was a stuck charger!
Old 08-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
i also agree with scuffy's post. have the codes pulled if any and go from there. i learned that the 6.0's need to be ran a little harder, almost like they are built to beat up on! i had lots of issues before i started to run it harder. so if you are taking it easy on it that may be a cause also, drive it like you stole it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.