Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Replacement Parts?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  mwcooke 
#1 ·
Anybody know a good place online to order replacement parts for Excursions? I have tried the local junkyards, but none have what I need. I need some interior trim pieces, weatherstripping, trip computer, etc. I have found a few places online that sell them, I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experiences ordering oem parts.

#2 ·
Youare going to have to piece meal eve
rything together. I don't have a lone sight that I get parts from. You have to shop around. As far as the trip computer goes, have you tried to resolder the resistors. I haven't had to order any molding yet, but a bone might work out. If the resolder doesn't work out I do have a site that has new ones at a good price. I'll have to dig up that website info.

#4 ·
I get lots of my stuff from my local Ford dealer, I just treated them well as I would like to be treated. After a while they were knocking 10%-20% off prices for me, I guess after you spend a few grand they give a guy a break.
Also try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

#5 ·
I agree with tuckman. I have 2 Ford dealerships close to me and I will shop one against the other. There is a big difference is the price they want to charge for parts. I have used both several times and they know me now, which helps knock down the price a bit. I have also used Ebay for some items, you just have to be careful with those purchases. The link for the overhead computer is on my work computer. I work tonight and I will post it then.

#7 ·
Ford Truck Parts - Full Warranty On All Ford Truck Parts

This is link includes the overhead console among other things. Make sure you scroll down and look for the correct version. Just an FYI those things go out all the time. I am not sure what your intent is, but there are much better ways to spend $200 on your truck than for the overhead console.

Mine didn't work when I bought the truck, resoldered the resisters, and than only worked for a short while. Now it is dead. It was nice to have it working, but not something I will shell out $200 to replace. If you are trying to rebuild the interior, use those funds for the rest of the interior panels you need and don't worry about the trip computer. Is the rest of the overhead panel there??? That link also has the overhead console as well. Hope this helps some. Good luck.

#8 ·
Thanks for the link. I am not rebuilding the interior by any means. The interior is actually in immaculate condition. There are just a couple of small things. The overhead computer is missing. The console is there, just no computer inside of it. The floor trim on the step to the 3rd row is missing, and the trim around one of the ceiling lights is cracked. Other than those things it is in perfect shape, it looks like a truck that would only have 20K miles on it as aposed to 100K. So, I was just going to replace those things and make it all look good. Thanks again for the link, I think I'm gonna go ahead and order it. I was hoping to find one at a junk yard, but so far no luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.