Went all in on this Limited - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Northwest Stroker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Went all in on this Limited

Hope I'm going to be alright with this buy. Its an 03, with a fairly clean Oasis. Has a new turbo from last year, along with a hydroboost. Maintained well by last owner. Has 84k. I went back over two years of treads searching for things I should have done. Didn't find what I was looking for. My question is, where do I start. I'm paranoid as heck with this, but my wife had to have it...it's hers by the way. So headstuds, head gasket or should I just go with "if its not broke, don't fix it." I don't want to dump all this money into it with changing and flushing fluids, if I should go ahead with the preventative thing with the studs and gasket. Any input will be great. So, main question...what first? I'm not concerned with performance right now. Also should I worry about this EGR cooler and whatever you 6ers have had to deal with. Thanks again, sorry so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Northwest Stroker

Here is a couple pics Don't know what kind of leveler, but has Rubicon shocks
Attached Thumbnails
Went all in on this Limited-p1030100.jpg   Went all in on this Limited-p1030101.jpg  
Old 06-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Northwest Stroker

Hmmmm, maybe I'll take this to the General Discussion for more traffic
Old 06-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thats what i would do. nothing till it starts showing sighs or repair. besides that, enjoy it
Old 06-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did you get quad buckets or a middle row bench? I have had mine since Thursday and I catch myself staring out the window quite a bit admiring it.
I am gonna get a egr delete and a sct tuner and run her on econ most of the time. I already bought an edge insight to monitor it. I am not gonna stud mine as I am doing light towing this year. Next year I will be seriously considering studding it as the wife is buying a 30'+ travel trailer and the girls will be getting horses too.

you think you could take a look at the hubs on your ex and see what way you turn them to put it into auto?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.