Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2005 Ex Lift

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  winr_on_top 
#1 ·
I have recently bought a new 2005 Ex for my wife. I am looking to put a small lift on it. (2''-4'') I was hoping I could get some insight on recommended lifts and tire sizes. Prices and links to websites are appreciated. I have the factory 16" wheels and don't plan to change those quite yet.

Thanks,
Tex

#2 ·
Welcome to the ORG! I would contact the guys at TruckToyz. They are ORG sponsors and have ALWAYS taken great care of me. :thumb:

#5 ·
I'm not quite sure. It needs to be small enough that my 5'5" wife doesn't have any problems getting in and out of it, but I want it to be big enough to have a little attitude. Also, I don't know how big of a tire I can run on the stock 16" wheels and keep it from rubbing. Please give me any advice you might have.

Tex

#7 ·
I found some nice wheels that I like but I am not sure that the tire and wheel combo will work with a 2.5'' leveling kit. I want to put some 315/75/16 tires on a set of 16x10 wheels. Does anyone know if this will fit without rubbing. Thanks for the help.

If anybody has pictures of a similar setup, it would be appreciated.

Tex

#8 ·
I've got almost that exact same setup on mine with what I believe is a 4" lift. Bought the truck like this though.

#9 ·
I would recommend the 3.5" Spring Hanger kit from Fabtech. I have it on mine, it's not that extreme, but it does give it a tough look. I run 325 65 18's on a 4.61 BS wheel with no rub at full lock. I chose this combo as I have a family including a newborn. The wife loves the truck. I added the bilsteins and the ride and road manners are amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.