Another 05 excursion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Ford Excursion Discussion This forum is for topics relating to the excursion only.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another 05 excursion

i have obtained the carfax just tonight, the next step is the OASIS report but. maybe you can talk me out of this decision all together. lets just start off by stating that i have never even changed the oil on any kind of vehicle and that I experience NY winter average temp of 30degrees uhm. i have also never owned a vehicle before. as far as this being my only car and daily driver. as of right now i would only be driving it maybe thirty miles at a time. maybe more on the weekend.......

should i not own this vehicle? carfax showed no problems and that it was corporately owned in PA now only has 103xxx miles on it i really somehow dowbt that it ever was serviced at a ford dealership... but I will get the report if the general response here is that this is a reasonable purchase for someone such as myself

too long? i said i have never owned a car and dont know anything about cars. should i own a 05 Eddie Bauer diesel Ex. as a first time car for myself and not hardly ever drive it long distances?

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by unto her a diesel View Post
i have obtained the carfax just tonight, the next step is the OASIS report but. maybe you can talk me out of this decision all together. lets just start off by stating that i have never even changed the oil on any kind of vehicle and that I experience NY winter average temp of 30degrees uhm. i have also never owned a vehicle before. as far as this being my only car and daily driver. as of right now i would only be driving it maybe thirty miles at a time. maybe more on the weekend.......

should i not own this vehicle? carfax showed no problems and that it was corporately owned in PA now only has 103xxx miles on it i really somehow dowbt that it ever was serviced at a ford dealership... but I will get the report if the general response here is that this is a reasonable purchase for someone such as myself

too long? i said i have never owned a car and dont know anything about cars. should i own a 05 Eddie Bauer diesel Ex. as a first time car for myself and not hardly ever drive it long distances?

thanks.
its a very good Ex but how much are they asking for it? Diesel engines require a lil more maintenance over gas vehicles but will outlast them as long as they are maintained....
Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

22,995 is the asking price.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
22,995 is the asking price.
thats way high for that many miles.. i would def pass on that one.... i have seen 05 excursions with about 60k with a lot of mods for about 25k.... if you really like it i would negotiate it down to about 20k
Old 02-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I Agree

That price is high for those miles. $18-$20k would be more reasonable.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

they said no to 18 which really sucks. I don't want to pay 20k. but why would he sell it for eighteen? isn't 100 thousand miles just "breaking it in" on these diesel engines? im sure he would go as low as twenty thousand but.......I dunno.

should i just say that think the asking price is too high given the mileage? or are there other more specific reasons that I can ramble off that make me sound more intelligent?

cause other than that i would be forced to say this:

Quote:
I just thought the asking price was a little high car fax reported the mileage at 103,577 18k was the price some person i don't even know told me to ask you and obviously I thought that idea sounded great. would you take 18k cash in hand?
and I dont want to say that...do I?

Last edited by unto her a diesel; 02-26-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:42 AM
First 6.7 PS Destroyer

Quote:
i have obtained the carfax just tonight, the next step is the OASIS report but. maybe you can talk me out of this decision all together. lets just start off by stating that i have never even changed the oil on any kind of vehicle and that I experience NY winter average temp of 30degrees uhm. as far as this being my only car and daily driver. as of right now i would on i have also never owned a vehicle before.ly be driving it maybe thirty miles at a time. maybe more on the weekend.......

thanks.
So why do you want an Excursion? I think you should buy a Yaris.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:46 AM

Engine is now out of warrenty is probably one of the bigger reasons a price drop. Don't let them get all bound up about it being a "Eddie Bauer". That is really just two tone leather seats. Nice, but not one for them to dig in on price. 20k would be pretty fair if its in good shape and maintained.
As for whether or not you should buy it for you????? ........ boy thats a big subjective question. Do you need alot of room? Do you haul anything? Do you like being one of the biggest beasts on the road?
In town expect mid to upper teens on MPG. Hwy, high teens maybe even 20ish MPG.

I have mine for haulin the kids and dog around, and I pull a 10500lb trailer from time to time. Super comfortable going on ski vacations and camping.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticblu999 View Post
So why do you want an Excursion? I think you should buy a Yaris.
Ive always wanted a diesel since I figured out that if you give all the PROPER TLC they might just last for 500k miles(i will grant that i probably dont know how to give the proper TLC). My girlfriend has a 95 blazer running up on 200k and its time for something newer, we always have her car packed with people and the 4 wheel drive has gotten us through alot of snow and you pretty much need a 4x4 in upstate CNY because there is sometimes alot of snow

so when i saw the diesel excursion i was pretty excited. until i learned about the powerstroke....then i learned that the 2005 ps 6.0 had most of the kinks worked out and this one in particular has a clean carfax (still working the OASIS) you would be right about the yaris except......the 4x4.........i guess i could get an escape if there weren't all of these needs to compensate for...something...

anyways my Issues with this are how terrified i am of the PSD and the cold starts (currently 40 degrees with highs over the next tree days forecast as being 33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonylost View Post
Engine is now out of warrenty is probably one of the bigger reasons a price drop. Don't let them get all bound up about it being a "Eddie Bauer". That is really just two tone leather seats. Nice, but not one for them to dig in on price. 20k would be pretty fair if its in good shape and maintained.
As for whether or not you should buy it for you????? ........ boy thats a big subjective question. Do you need alot of room? Do you haul anything? Do you like being one of the biggest beasts on the road?
In town expect mid to upper teens on MPG. Hwy, high teens maybe even 20ish MPG.

I have mine for haulin the kids and dog around, and I pull a 10500lb trailer from time to time. Super comfortable going on ski vacations and camping.

also the mpg I guess according to jonylost ive got a bit of wool over my eyes expecting 24 full time on the highway, i knew about the teens around town though....

thanks for the advice so far
Old 02-26-2010, 03:03 PM

Excursions are the poo..however it will require you maintain service well and you will likely need to do some wrenching on it with a 6.0, I dig mine and wouldnt trade it for nothing and dont be affraid of the size it might look big but its really a baby when it comes down to it, wheel base is short equivelent to a standard cab truck. But it does come down to price too, yes it will last you a long time but regardless the life of the motor its still over 100k now just keep your search goin and stick with it you will find a deal that works for you in the end
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.