Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0 Excursion Exhausts

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  darkpassenger 
#1 ·
Alright guys, just picked the wife up a 2003 6.0 excursion with 219k miles completely stock. Never had anything done besides ball joints and 3 injectors replaced.

First thing I did was buy a coolant filter for it so that will be here this week.

I also want to put an exhaust on it. I am looking for a 4" turbo back straight pipe but I can't confirm which if any fit the excursion. Are the F250/F350 exhausts the same? What's the best option to do?

Thanks!

Reactions: darkpassenger
#3 ·
Haha yeah man, ever since I moved from the PacNorWest, I haven't really been on here. Especially ever since owning the 6.7 I really had no reason to come back on here! But now.... I bought the wife a 2003 excursion on Friday, and am back in the 6.0 game which means I will probably be on here a lot lol

#4 ·
For the exhaust the excursion and super duty are the same until you hit the rear axle then IDK, super dutys fuel tank is inside the driver side frame the excursions are behind the rear axle.

#5 ·
#6 ·
#8 ·
You probably had to buy the cat delete pipe as well. I did. Diamond Eye didnt come with it. I also don't think you can go as big on the X as you can the pickups. The Diamond Eye is not a true 4 inch exhaust. Nothing on it measures 4inch.... and the downpipe is 3.5 i believe.

If i had to do it again, i'd go with something besides diamond eye. I can't seem to keep the downpipe tight, and i can see a few leaks on the exhaust where the pipes crush together. I also didnt like the exit angle and look. Still sounds good, looks good(after adding 5 inch axle back/tip) and doesn't stink.

#10 ·
Right on, I emailed Vivian about it and no reply in 2 days. Diamond eye is really all I'm seeing. I had a 4" turbo back on my 6.0 f250 back in day, assumed they all worked. For now, I just ordered the cat delete pipe to use with the stock system.

#9 ·
I had mine welded in some parts Hahaha you guys and your tips.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

#14 ·
That muffler looks fudged. Good thing I don't have to worry bout that. 😂👍✊👌💪

Reactions: Corey@CNCFAB
#21 ·
This was 2 years ago driving back from getting mines installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.