Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Straight pipe exhaust?

7K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  TurboMustang370 
#1 ·
Guy at the muffler shop said if I straight pipe my 6.0l 2004 Excursion that I would blow my heads. What ?

#2 ·
he has no idea what he is talking about. you will blow your heads if you have a lot of power and dont have headstuds...

the exhaust will NOT blow your headstuds, that guy has no clue. Get yourself an MBRP system or a system from farmboy and install it yourself, very simple to do. i did mine in my driveway without a lift in 4 hrs.

#3 ·
You need to go back and ask that guy if he has any type of mental problems.

#6 ·
Exhaust

That guy has his head so far up his A$$, he can't see out. The only thing straight piping will hurt, is the guys who sell mufflers for a living.

#7 ·
I agree, with all the above. He just wants to sell you a muffler instead of a piece of pipe. I would reccomend NEVER going back to him.

Ask him if the reason your turn signals are slow is because of the blinker fluid is in need of replacement.

I know times are tough, but lying to people to get an extra buck???? KARMA- It's that thing that keeps biting people in the ***......:bump:

#9 · (Edited)
I got the MBRP aluminized and installed it in my driveway - like most men! Had to use a sawzall to cut out the stock piece of junk, then the MBRP fit in like a glove. Just be sure not to damage your turbo clamp, that is the most important piece of advice.

Your turbo will actually thank you for straight piping it - allows her to breathe better. The turbo creates her own atmosphere, she does not rely on any help from the front or back to do her job. The more 'room' you give her, the happier she is!! (This is starting to sound strange.....)

#11 ·
give gus at farmboy a call, he will set you up right!!

#13 ·
I "altered" my bank's monster exhaust. Primed it today and will be painting it hopefully monday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.