Lights for Road Armor Bumper... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 04:58 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lights for Road Armor Bumper...

Well guys I took the plunge and ordered a Road Armor bumper for my truck (Stealth base w/Lonestar guard). I know they have taken some heat recently, but they are supposed to be getting back on track and I really like the look of their bumper. Since they had a good sale price going I gambled and decided to give them a shot. I'll post the details here along the way.

They emailed the installation instructions in advance, and the instructions say the bumper takes two sets of PIAA lights. The 510 (4") series for fog lights, and the 540 (6") series for driving lights. I'm a total newbie to all of this stuff, and there seems to be a number of choices available from PIAA from what I can tell. Will any 510 or 540 series light just bolt right in to the bumper or is there more to it than that? Do any of you guys have any suggestions or experience with this bumper or these lights?

Is it hard to wire in two extra sets of lights in the front?

I saw somewhere on this board (I think) where I can also mount my factory fog lights under my back bumper for extra back-up lights.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice you may have. I love this place for all of the tons of info and inspiration you guys provide! I can see that reading all of this stuff and looking at you guys' pic's is going to cost me some bucks, but also improve my truck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2009, 05:00 AM
wriott

never used the bumpers but here is a free bump for you and welcome to the ORG
Old 05-20-2009, 10:21 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hope you get your bumper by the fall.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome to the org! I don't know about the bumper but here is a free
Old 05-20-2009, 11:15 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hope you get your bumpers this year
Old 05-20-2009, 11:18 AM
a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryt View Post
Hope you get your bumpers this year
Good luck man and welcome to the org
Old 05-20-2009, 11:22 AM

i got my bumper within 2 weeks, but that was about a year ago. I used the 540's i just got the two fog lights and the two running lights for it. all you gotta make sure is that they are a 4" light. I wired in the fogs to the factory lights which is pretty simple then the driving lights i just used with the supplied harness and relay. Piaa's are good lights but they are pricey they cost me about 180 per set so roughly 400 total just for the lights. I hope you have good luck with your bumper i sure liked mine alot i've seen havier duty but i was going for style more than anything, my buddy has my old bumper now and it still works and looks great
Old 05-21-2009, 04:13 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzchey21 View Post
i got my bumper within 2 weeks, but that was about a year ago. I used the 540's i just got the two fog lights and the two running lights for it. all you gotta make sure is that they are a 4" light. I wired in the fogs to the factory lights which is pretty simple then the driving lights i just used with the supplied harness and relay. Piaa's are good lights but they are pricey they cost me about 180 per set so roughly 400 total just for the lights. I hope you have good luck with your bumper i sure liked mine alot i've seen havier duty but i was going for style more than anything, my buddy has my old bumper now and it still works and looks great
Thank you Sir! And thanks everybody else for the greetings and bumps!

I'm still a little confused about all of the options PIAA offers, so I'll probably just call Road Armor and see which specific 510's and 540's they recommend. I'll weigh the bumper, measure the height of my front end (before and after install), and post a couple of pics after I get it. This mod will eat my budget for a while, but I'm sure I'll read about other stuff here that I'll want to do to mine.

Oh crap... I guess I'll "have" to install the upfitter switches now too...
Old 05-21-2009, 05:07 AM

I think the shipping wieght on mine was 175 pounds or so but you have alot more with the gaurd and everything so i would guess somewhere around 200-225 is what yours will wiegh. Ill do some looking on the lights today and get you part numbers for the ones that i bought. The upfitter switches will make for a nice clean install.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable556 View Post

Oh crap... I guess I'll "have" to install the upfitter switches now too...
Yep, and now it begins

It's a never ending mod process. Once you do one thing you need to do another, and then another, and then another........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.