2005 Front end Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 Front end Questions

Okay, so deleted my other thread. Got a little ADD when I posted and totally forgot my questions why I posted.

Okay, so basically converting my truck to 05 front and 08 rear with some interior upgrades as well.

First, if I go ahead and buy the knock off 05+ Harley Headlights off Ebay are they the same size just different looking? Can I go ahead and rock them now before the 05 bumper, grille and core support?

Are the knock off 05+ Harley Headlights that bad? I thought I saw a thread about them before but couldn't find it.

Second, if I ended up with an aftermarket front bumper say a Ranch Hand or other, would i have to get the core support still?
Basically if I get the 05+ headlights and grille, I just get a aftermarket bumper made for the 05+ because of how the bumper flows around the grille?

Third, if it the grille and headlights work great, would it be easier to just rock the Harley Headlights and get that 05+ grille that comes trimmed down to fit an 03 bumper and get a front bumper for that front end?

Fourth and finally, with the 05+ conversions what bumper companies are better priced than others? ARBs are over a grand, Ranch hand I haven't checked, found this guy Bobs bumpers or something did my friends Dodge 2500 bumper and it came out sick on his truck. Based out of Alabama or something?

Pictures/recommendations would be killer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2009, 08:07 AM

Bump...........
Old 05-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You can install the Harley headlights without changing the other stuff. you just need to cut out your header panel as outlined in several posts here, and modify your headlight wiring.

If your gonna buy an aftermarket bumper anyway, I wouldn't buy a cut down grille.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:48 PM

most any front bumper you find will be over a grand. I have buckstop and it was north that, but Im happy with it. You may be able to find one of those ranch hand style bumpers used that were on a work truck and blast it and recoat it for a decent price though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.