Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Body moldings?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  TxFireman1972 
#1 ·
The molding strips that are along the doors do they have holes behind them or are they just stuck on there with 2 sided tape? I want to remove these for a smoother look :nod: I noticed on later models they dont even have them anymore and like that look better

#3 ·
#4 · (Edited)
Before:

After:

#5 ·
Dude is that all your lift is is 4.5. Your truck is sweet. I love the silver and black look! All you need is smoked cab lights and it would be set!

#6 ·
O and thanks for the info guys I will be removing these prolly this weekend :nod:

#7 ·
Thanks, I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Its a 4.5" DR lift plus 1" TEI spacers on the front for a total of 5.5". Then the rear is 5" DR springs plus 1" blocks. So I guess you could say basically its a 6" lift. I was tired of seeing chrome wheels. Every truck in my area looks the same with all the chrome wheels, so I went black. Getting ready to pull the chrome bumpers and grill off and put ones that are color matched to the truck.

#8 ·
Will look good when you are done! I am lookin at those same wheels for my truck in the future. You have any front shot pics so i can see how far the tires stick out? What kind of backspacing you got?

#9 ·
4.5" backspacing 18x9 wheels. Best front shots I have:

#10 ·
I took them off and I like it sooo much better but MAN now I need to wax and buff where they were :( But just bought that black box wax kit so that should take care of it :)

#13 ·
Trying to find someone with a used paintable bumper. So who knows when that will be LOL

#12 ·
they are just glued on. I took mine off right before I painted it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.