Dent repair quote - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dent repair quote

So I got a decent ding the bottom of my bed, didn't scratch the paint. It doesn't look too bad but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my truck. I went and got a quote to fix it, and I was shocked to hear $1650 to fix this.
Was hoping someone on here could maybe give me an idea just by looking at picture if I'm getting bent over or if that seems fair. Thanks. Dent repair quote-imageuploadedbyautoguide1398745607.084527.jpg
Dent repair quote-imageuploadedbyautoguide1398745620.516670.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Any body shop guys out there?

Old 04-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Take a plastic ball and roll it around from the inside, applying pressure as you roll it. Good chance it will take most of that out with some elbow grease and a little bit of your time.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I paid 300 to a paintless dent repair guy a few weeks ago for him to go around my whole truck and make it perfect. Every panel had at least one dent if not 3. I also had a dent just like yours and it was included in that price.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeah I tried to go the PDR route, said it would crack the paint. I got another quote from a different shop and it was just about the same. I tried to carefully pull it out myself and it started to crack so I stopped. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and get it done for a whopping 1600. Thanks for the help y'all.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

1600 is ridiculously high. is that the only quote you have gotten?
Old 04-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

No that's two different shops. Maybe the picture doesn't do it justice. It really doesn't look that bad, I think it's the bottom edge were it actually creased, and there's a huge chunk that got really messed up at the edge too. Plus right where my steel bumper bent up and nicked the edge underneath the tail light. I can try and take more pictures tomorrow.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Im in the bodyshop business. Really need to see all the damage to get a good estimate, that's why doing it by pictures is such a pain. Since its a 2-tone truck, If its just damaged on the lower color you could have just that section repaired/refinished not the entire bedside which would save alot. Now sometimes those stripes are a pita from Ford and you can only buy them as a complete kit for a side and where you're damage is is the worst one due to the very tight turn in the stripe at the back so getting an aftermarket one would be a pain. Also if the bumper is damaged and they're quoting you on that too that could be why its so high, Ford is proud of they're bumpers. A cheaper route would be an aftermarket replacement.

All in all, if they're fixing the damage, painting the entire bed (both colors), replacing the stripe with OEM, and replacing the bumper with OEM i can see how they came to that price. Did they give you a written estimate? Post it up and i will go thru it with you, sometimes they're hard to read and understand.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

No that's not with the price for a bumper, cause I already have a frontier gear rear bumper and I told them I'd be replacing it before I had any other work done because it's bent up pretty good.

The damage is only on the two tone, but he said they'd be getting into the main color too. I'm not sure why but whatever. I told them I'd provide the striping, fx4 sticker and my pinstripe cause on their quote I can get it for significantly cheaper than they're saying. I'll post pictures and more information later this afternoon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.