Carli suspension - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 11:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Carli suspension

Thinking about getting their commuter series kit. Has anyone used it or have any experience with it? How's the ride quality compared to stock? Also what wheel travel do our truck shave stock? This kit claims 9" travel front and 12" rear. I'm an 06 cc lb 4x4 f250.
Thanks in advanced
Chad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2014, 07:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchad93 View Post
Thinking about getting their commuter series kit. Has anyone used it or have any experience with it? How's the ride quality compared to stock? Also what wheel travel do our truck shave stock? This kit claims 9" travel front and 12" rear. I'm an 06 cc lb 4x4 f250.
Thanks in advanced
Chad
My 06' is the truck on which the C20 was prototyped. It smooths the truck out. It definitely didn't have the control of my pintop 2.5 but the softness was there when compared to a stock truck. It depends what you're after. These trucks cycle about 6 front and 8 rear in stock form.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Is the c20 the commuter series? I like that kit because my truck would be the same height and I could still fit in the garage. Any taller and I won't fit. Was the ride a lot smoother or just minimal change? What about handling while towing?
Old 04-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Is the c20 the commuter series? I like that kit because my truck would be the same height and I could still fit in the garage. Any taller and I won't fit. Was the ride a lot smoother or just minimal change? What about handling while towing?
The Commuter 2.0 (C20) lifts you 2.5" in the front and 2.0" in the rear so it does change the height. The ride is smoother, handling is better and control is better. Its not a massive change in "plushness" but its as soft as this truck can get while maintaining control. I did not tow with mine so i can't comment on that one!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well maybe you could point me in the right direction? I have a cheap eBay leveling kit up front and a 4" block in the rear to sit completely level. I barely fit in the garage as it is lol but I want to stay there. All I am looking for is a softer ride. Granted I know I'm in a 3/4 ton truck and soft ride aren't a combo. But anything to help lol. Saw the Carli kit and liked the travel increase and mention of softer ride but would you recommend any other kit/brand? Maybe just a spring and shock upgrade?
Old 04-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If you're already level with a 4" rear block, then the commuter won't increase your height, i assumed you were stock height. It sounds like the perfect kit for you!
Old 04-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

How's the ride? Is it a $1900 upgrade worthy as far as softness? Could I still run air bags? Sorry I'm a total noob to suspension. How about off road?
Old 04-30-2014, 01:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
How's the ride? Is it a $1900 upgrade worthy as far as softness? Could I still run air bags? Sorry I'm a total noob to suspension. How about off road?
I can't answer that question, only you can. It's more travel and more comfort. I wouldn't run airbags as they make the truck ride like a lumber wagon. If you were to do an airbag kit with a non-fixed lower bag mount (daystar), the effect wouldn't be too bad. Off-road is the same as stock... it's an on-road kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.