Would this bumper fit my 04? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-13-2014, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
HBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Would this bumper fit my 04?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
HBandy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 03-13-2014, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
HBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HBandy is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 03-13-2014, 07:28 AM
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Its not a ford pattern on the mounting tabs and doesnt look like its shaped for a ford, looks like its for dodge. Would it go on with mods...yes, will it bolt on...probably not and probably wont look aesthetically pleasing

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 03-13-2014, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
HBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
Its not a ford pattern on the mounting tabs and doesnt look like its shaped for a ford, looks like its for dodge. Would it go on with mods...yes, will it bolt on...probably not and probably wont look aesthetically pleasing
It came off of a 6.4

Edit: scratch that, he cant remember if it was on a 6.4 or a 5.9. It came from a fleet truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by HBandy; 03-13-2014 at 08:01 AM.
HBandy is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 03-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBandy View Post
It came off of a 6.4

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Well its not a 99-07 ford pattern then, sorry never personally seen a 6.4 mounting tabs. But then you still have your answer, it will probably go on because the mounting pads are the same position(minus the one offset hole) but will probably look goofy as hell if it even physically fits on, imagine putting a 6.4 bumper on your truck.

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 03-13-2014, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
HBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
Well its not a 99-07 ford pattern then, sorry never personally seen a 6.4 mounting tabs. But then you still have your answer, it will probably go on because the mounting pads are the same position(minus the one offset hole) but will probably look goofy as hell if it even physically fits on, imagine putting a 6.4 bumper on your truck.
From the front it looks like it wont look too bad on mine. And if it does I could just take it off and put it back out there. Just wanted to know if it would physically fit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
HBandy is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 03-13-2014, 08:16 AM
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBandy View Post
From the front it looks like it wont look too bad on mine. And if it does I could just take it off and put it back out there. Just wanted to know if it would physically fit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes the mounts should bolt up minus one bolt on each side. Im just not sure how the top of the bumper(flat part) will line up with the bottom of the grill and headlights because 6.4s are flush across the bottom of the headlights and grill vs the 99-07 grill dips down below the headlights.

I just would hate to have you crack something trying to bolt it up. If youve never put one of these heavy bumpers on its a chore for sure just make sure you have lots of elbow grease to maneuver it or better yet a way to hang it from above

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 03-13-2014, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
HBandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
Yes the mounts should bolt up minus one bolt on each side. Im just not sure how the top of the bumper(flat part) will line up with the bottom of the grill and headlights because 6.4s are flush across the bottom of the headlights and grill vs the 99-07 grill dips down below the headlights.

I just would hate to have you crack something trying to bolt it up. If youve never put one of these heavy bumpers on its a chore for sure just make sure you have lots of elbow grease to maneuver it or better yet a way to hang it from above
We have a chain hoist. I was gonna hang it up and get a look at how it would look on my truck before I ever put it on. I just dont want to load it up and take it home juat to see that it wont bolt on and have to take it back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
HBandy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome