Would this bumper fit my 04? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 06:08 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Would this bumper fit my 04?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 06:08 AM

Would this bumper fit my 04?-1394719725817.jpg

Old 03-13-2014, 06:28 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Its not a ford pattern on the mounting tabs and doesnt look like its shaped for a ford, looks like its for dodge. Would it go on with mods...yes, will it bolt on...probably not and probably wont look aesthetically pleasing
Old 03-13-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
Its not a ford pattern on the mounting tabs and doesnt look like its shaped for a ford, looks like its for dodge. Would it go on with mods...yes, will it bolt on...probably not and probably wont look aesthetically pleasing
It came off of a 6.4

Edit: scratch that, he cant remember if it was on a 6.4 or a 5.9. It came from a fleet truck.

Last edited by HBandy; 03-13-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:54 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBandy View Post
It came off of a 6.4

Well its not a 99-07 ford pattern then, sorry never personally seen a 6.4 mounting tabs. But then you still have your answer, it will probably go on because the mounting pads are the same position(minus the one offset hole) but will probably look goofy as hell if it even physically fits on, imagine putting a 6.4 bumper on your truck.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Well its not a 99-07 ford pattern then, sorry never personally seen a 6.4 mounting tabs. But then you still have your answer, it will probably go on because the mounting pads are the same position(minus the one offset hole) but will probably look goofy as hell if it even physically fits on, imagine putting a 6.4 bumper on your truck.
From the front it looks like it wont look too bad on mine. And if it does I could just take it off and put it back out there. Just wanted to know if it would physically fit.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:16 AM
Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBandy View Post
From the front it looks like it wont look too bad on mine. And if it does I could just take it off and put it back out there. Just wanted to know if it would physically fit.

Yes the mounts should bolt up minus one bolt on each side. Im just not sure how the top of the bumper(flat part) will line up with the bottom of the grill and headlights because 6.4s are flush across the bottom of the headlights and grill vs the 99-07 grill dips down below the headlights.

I just would hate to have you crack something trying to bolt it up. If youve never put one of these heavy bumpers on its a chore for sure just make sure you have lots of elbow grease to maneuver it or better yet a way to hang it from above
Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Yes the mounts should bolt up minus one bolt on each side. Im just not sure how the top of the bumper(flat part) will line up with the bottom of the grill and headlights because 6.4s are flush across the bottom of the headlights and grill vs the 99-07 grill dips down below the headlights.

I just would hate to have you crack something trying to bolt it up. If youve never put one of these heavy bumpers on its a chore for sure just make sure you have lots of elbow grease to maneuver it or better yet a way to hang it from above
We have a chain hoist. I was gonna hang it up and get a look at how it would look on my truck before I ever put it on. I just dont want to load it up and take it home juat to see that it wont bolt on and have to take it back.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.