Red truck BLACK updates - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Red truck BLACK updates

I'm in the process of giving my 04 a facelift and removing the chrome in favor of black. I'm going to update the front to an 05, the back bed is already an '13 along with the mirrors. The steps, bumpers and grill will all be painted or wrapped in vinyl along with some accents on the hood, tailgate and doors.

Im just lining up ideas now and everything should be installed once the winter is over. If you have a red truck that's blacked out, Lets see em, I'm looking for ideas to give my truck the black widow treatment.

I just made these the other day from some 6.7 badges, the chrome will be changed to red.
Red truck BLACK updates-imageuploadedbyautoguide1393993034.743216.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 03:52 AM

Just finished up filling in with the red.
Red truck BLACK updates-imageuploadedbyautoguide1394023921.558759.jpg

huck2080 likes this.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:26 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraScaper View Post
Just finished up filling in with the red.
Attachment 252490

Thats gonna look pretty slick, what kind of grill are you going with?
Old 03-05-2014, 05:14 AM

I didn't pick out a grill yet, the junk yard near me where i got the bumper update has a stock XL grill. I might just paint it black and then put some mesh in the background. Working on a budget here.

Mk3jlp likes this.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:21 AM

Here's some other ideas I'm gonna try to incorporate. Just need a black/red ford oval for the back. Might be my next project.
Red truck BLACK updates-imageuploadedbyautoguide1394029078.256248.jpg

Really like how the hood stripes bring in the black bumper and grill. I think the trim piece will be painted red with the rest of the bumper and grill black.
Red truck BLACK updates-imageuploadedbyautoguide1394029143.667167.jpg

hoff91 likes this.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:27 AM

^^^^I love that. I think that if you bought and painted that XL grill gloss black it would look great. Are you gonna get headlights too?
Old 03-05-2014, 04:08 PM

Well I used to have the standard XLT chrome headlights and grill on mine, swapped them out with the Harley lights and grille just before the winter got bad. I'm also going to be dechroming the truck. I have pocket style bushwacker fender flares waiting to be put on, and I'm also going to be hurculining the rocker panels on the truck. Front windows tinted 25%. Cant wait until its finished. Truck is in my signature
Old 03-05-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty2Fifty View Post
Well I used to have the standard XLT chrome headlights and grill on mine, swapped them out with the Harley lights and grille just before the winter got bad. I'm also going to be dechroming the truck. I have pocket style bushwacker fender flares waiting to be put on, and I'm also going to be hurculining the rocker panels on the truck. Front windows tinted 25%. Cant wait until its finished. Truck is in my signature
Looks good!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:49 PM

Nice Rigs guys, great snowy day pic for the winter...Yeah, after looking at your Harley grills I might have to pull the trigger. I saw parts geek has them for cheap $86 shipped.

Was planning on painting the trim strip red but now I think black on black is the way to go. Probably do it all in matte black though. I like the way the rustoleum bed liner comes out, not real gritty but durable enough to not get rock chips. Going to avoid the plasti-dip, it comes out looking nice but def. need touching up a lot, especially if a something rubs up against it. If I'm going to rattle can it I'd rather do it once.

The tailgate is off for the winter so I might finish that before spring and then work on the front end later on.

Wheels will be the big ticket item, probably pick up whatever I can find on craigslist, 17" or 18" tires are cheaper so probably stay in that size range. My stockers now will end up being my winter setup. Would like some black rims with red accents, nothing real flashy, the more subtle the better. Maybe even a stock set painted.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraScaper View Post
Nice Rigs guys, great snowy day pic for the winter...Yeah, after looking at your Harley grills I might have to pull the trigger. I saw parts geek has them for cheap $86 shipped.

Was planning on painting the trim strip red but now I think black on black is the way to go. Probably do it all in matte black though. I like the way the rustoleum bed liner comes out, not real gritty but durable enough to not get rock chips. Going to avoid the plasti-dip, it comes out looking nice but def. need touching up a lot, especially if a something rubs up against it. If I'm going to rattle can it I'd rather do it once.

The tailgate is off for the winter so I might finish that before spring and then work on the front end later on.

Wheels will be the big ticket item, probably pick up whatever I can find on craigslist, 17" or 18" tires are cheaper so probably stay in that size range. My stockers now will end up being my winter setup. Would like some black rims with red accents, nothing real flashy, the more subtle the better. Maybe even a stock set painted.
I agree with the black on black, it looks mean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.