LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 02-14-2014, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Another Painted Emblem Thread

I'm sure several of y'all have seen threads like this before, but I figured I'd post up my results too. My grille emblem started to peel and it was driving me nuts. I've recently had the grille, mirrors and door handles painted as I'm very particular about how things flow with the look of the truck (next up are powdercoated beige bumpers).

Step 1: Used a heat gun to peel away the clear plastic on top then used some random cleaner chemical to rub the majority of the blue off the emblem.

Step 2: Cleaned and prepped the surface, then painted with three coats of L2: True Blue.

Step 3: Taped off the Ford script (hindsight I would've done this differently, as it was very time consuming and some of the crappy painters tape lifted).

Step 4: Paint with three coats of AQ: Arizona Beige.

Step 5: Let it cure for a day.

Step 6: Put two coats of Envirotex liquid resin/hardener and let cure for 48 hours.

Final product on the truck:

2005 F-250 CCSB 6.0L: SCT X3, IDP Tunes, CTS Insight, 2.5" Leveling Kit, 35" Toyo's, 20" KMC Wheels, Rancho 7000's, EGR Delete, ARP Studs, Updated FICM, Built Tranny, '03 Turbo, 3" Downpipe, 4" MBRP Exhaust, Blue Spring Mod, 20" Lightbar, Door Seal Mod, BedRug, UnderCover Flex Cover, Badges Shaved, Painted Grille, Handles, & Mirrors, HD Headlights, Tinted Tails, 5% Tint
post #2 of 24 Old 02-14-2014, 03:58 PM
I Like Shiny Things :)

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 973 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks good man! I like it

2005 King Ranch F-350: Studded and O-Ringed, BPD Oil Bypass, 205/30s, Stage 2 KC Turbo, ODAWG Ported Manifold, 4" TB Exhaust, Stage 2 AFE Intake, Billet Torque Converter, BPD 58V FICM, BPD Water Pump

2.5" Leveling Kit, 35s, Fusion Bumper, ProTech Headache Rack, OnBoard Air, and a few other goodies
post #3 of 24 Old 02-14-2014, 04:53 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by x96535 View Post
I'm sure several of y'all have seen threads like this before, but I figured I'd post up my results too. My grille emblem started to peel and it was driving me nuts. I've recently had the grille, mirrors and door handles painted as I'm very particular about how things flow with the look of the truck (next up are powdercoated beige bumpers).
This is what I am wanting to do!!!

Your emblem looks sharp! I cheated and just got a camo emblem overlay... LOL
post #4 of 24 Old 02-14-2014, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

I just ordered one that was already painted in Arizona Beige with the script and perimeter oval in chrome. I'm going to paint the chrome blue with a fine tipped paint brush then cover in Envirotex again basically it'll be the reverse color of what I have now with hopefully better detail. I'll let you know how it turns out.

2005 F-250 CCSB 6.0L: SCT X3, IDP Tunes, CTS Insight, 2.5" Leveling Kit, 35" Toyo's, 20" KMC Wheels, Rancho 7000's, EGR Delete, ARP Studs, Updated FICM, Built Tranny, '03 Turbo, 3" Downpipe, 4" MBRP Exhaust, Blue Spring Mod, 20" Lightbar, Door Seal Mod, BedRug, UnderCover Flex Cover, Badges Shaved, Painted Grille, Handles, & Mirrors, HD Headlights, Tinted Tails, 5% Tint
post #5 of 24 Old 02-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Chug-a-lug!!!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'll admit it took a minute before I looked at the emblem on the truck. I got distracted.

Looks good.

So does the emblem. :

Jesse

2011 F-250 Fx4 CrewCab Short Bed Rear DVD Entertainment, WeatherTech Floor Mats Front and Rear, 6000k HID Hi/Lo and Fogs, Smoked Recon LED Mirror, Tail, and Third Brake Lights, Stealth Bulbs @ the Corners, B&W Turnover Gooseneck Hitch, 20% Window Tint

Bone Stock............For Now

post #6 of 24 Old 02-15-2014, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colberjs View Post
I'll admit it took a minute before I looked at the emblem on the truck. I got distracted.

Looks good.

So does the emblem. :
Haha she's a looker!

Just got my Arizona Beige emblem in the mail. Going to try painting the script with a fine paint brush and recoating with Envirotex. I'll see if I like the reverse look better.

post #7 of 24 Old 02-15-2014, 01:19 PM

Second try, better contrast

I think this next try will make the emblem more custom and have better contrast. Let me know when it's ready for show.
post #8 of 24 Old 02-15-2014, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmccolley View Post
I think this next try will make the emblem more custom and have better contrast. Let me know when it's ready for show.
I think you're right. I'll stay in touch. I'll be installing my 08+ rear bumper and 03 turbo this coming weekend if you get bored.

post #9 of 24 Old 02-15-2014, 09:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to NorCal510PSD Send a message via Yahoo to NorCal510PSD
I just bought a resin domed emblem overlay. it looks awesome pretty factory looking. i can take a closer pic in the AM.

10 ccsb F350 FX4, 12 bed and front clip, 14-16" OUO series 500 lift, 3" King coilovers, 24x14 custom cut American force on 40x15.50x24 toyo's, afe intake, coated intl pistons, arp studs, RCD intake manifold, ii phatshaft compounds, pmm cam, pmm pushrods/springs, pmm deletes, Fab Fours bumpers, warn 16.5k winch, 6k hid headlights, 5k hid fogs, ats stage 3 trans and other stuff...
post #10 of 24 Old 02-16-2014, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal510PSD View Post
I just bought a resin domed emblem overlay. it looks awesome pretty factory looking. i can take a closer pic in the AM.

Got a link to where you bought it? I'm interested.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode