Need some mud flaps. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2006, 03:35 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need some mud flaps.

I need some mud flaps that are bigger and wider then the stock ones my truck came with to stop all the rocks from jumping up and chiping my paint all up. I have been looking at pro flaps 12" fronts and 14" rears, anyone here use pro flaps and got some input on them or any other better brands out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Premium Member

Not sure if these are what you are looking for. Check out the web site link. I picked up a set for my F350 and have been happy with them.

http://www.kaydenco.com/ford.html#F-...201997-Current
Old 11-27-2006, 05:21 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

I've been looking into the possibility of getting mudflaps too. I've got the same issue, my Bridgestone Duellers love to pick up the little pebbles in my driveway. I've thought about getting new stone put down, but figured this way would be cheaper. I'm not one that would jump on something like this quickly, it seems like one of those things that lessen the value of a truck, but seeing the alternative, I'd rather have mudflaps than a crap load of scratches. I've thought about getting the Ford mudflaps from the dealer, they're a decent price, and I've got a couple other small maintenance things to do there. Are there any opinions on the Ford ones?
Thanks in advance.

-BG06.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Has anyone else noticed on their trucks...not sure if this is right or not. On my 06 F250, inside the wheelwell, there is only a plastic insert that is to the rear (protects the muffler and undercarriage from thrown up stuff) and none on the front? I look at the front, it's got the holes to put it on, but not there. All of the older super duty's I look at have the front flap, too. It appears the same piece flipped around would work on the front?
Old 11-27-2006, 03:31 PM

Hey 350stroker thanks for the link thats exactly what im looking for. Were they easy to install or any suprise problems with installing them or was it pretty basic?

BigGreen I have those tires to, they seam like a pretty good tire but hold those little rocks like crazy. Every time I drive into town, get out and look at the tires and there still holding rocks in them no matter how long I have been on the pavment. I to am not a big fan of big mud flaps but it just kills me looking down in the rear corner seeing that big paint chip...not a little nick....but a huge chip in the paint.

Speaking of that chip, dose anyone know if a body shop would be able to repaint just the lower corner of the bed right behind the wheel, its two tone paint, or would they have to redo the whole thing?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorkon View Post
Hey 350stroker thanks for the link thats exactly what im looking for. Were they easy to install or any suprise problems with installing them or was it pretty basic?

BigGreen I have those tires to, they seam like a pretty good tire but hold those little rocks like crazy. Every time I drive into town, get out and look at the tires and there still holding rocks in them no matter how long I have been on the pavment. I to am not a big fan of big mud flaps but it just kills me looking down in the rear corner seeing that big paint chip...not a little nick....but a huge chip in the paint.

Speaking of that chip, dose anyone know if a body shop would be able to repaint just the lower corner of the bed right behind the wheel, its two tone paint, or would they have to redo the whole thing?
Hey Jorkon, The flaps are really easy to install. No big surprises. They come with all the necessary hardware and detailed instructions. I have been very impressed with the quality and durability of them.

I am a auto painter by trade and any decent body shop should be able to paint the area behind your wheel where the rock chip is. They would not need to paint the whole side, just the lower color behind the wheel. It would be a simple job to do.

Hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.