50" led bar with factory cab lights? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 09:59 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
50" led bar with factory cab lights?

Hi everyone. My truck is going into the bodyshop for a week to repair some body damage from being rear ended. While it is the shop I want to install a 50 inch led bar above the windshield. The only problem is that I cannot find a way to mount it being that I have factory clearance lights. I have searched high and low and have yet to figure out how how to do this with out obstructing the clearance lights. If there was a bracket that just lowered it to be level with the top of the windshield that would be great. The only solution I have came up with is a cargo rack and I hate safari or cargo racks. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to Duncan's KR Send a message via Yahoo to Duncan's KR
check out the Carli thread I think Dan has something close to what your looking for on his truck.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Look on ebay. They make mounts above the windsheild that will work with clearance lights

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-23-2014, 02:19 PM

I have found the solution but dern this thing is ugly! Maybe it qont look as bad on my truck which is black with smoked cab lights.
99 Superduty Ford 50" LED Light Bar Brackets Below Cab Light Mounts | eBay

Or maybe I should just do away with the cab lights and get a regular mount... decisions decisions.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:44 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Fugly indeed!!!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

That the one im getting. I like it that it doesn't stick higher than the roof than the other ones. Less likey to hit something lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-23-2014, 05:33 PM

The link says built to order or send us your bar to custom fit the brackets. I am going to get up with them to see if I buy one of the curved bars if they could make some brackets like these that position the led bar closer to the windshield. The curved bars are bad A but a heck of alot more expensive! Thank you everyone for your input!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I really want to get one of these light bars too. Which one are you going with? Post some pics of the set up when it's all done! I can't believe those brackets are $160!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yup, I'm running a 50" and a 30" Rigid SR but I doubt it'll fit with cab lights depending on what bar you use. It may work with the SR but if you're going E series or E2, I doubt it... I'm running the SoCal Super-trucks Brackets and, well, watch the video. They've held up well and use nut-serts to attack to the A-pillar.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:28 PM

Thank you everyone for your input. I believe I have found my solution finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
Yup, I'm running a 50" and a 30" Rigid SR but I doubt it'll fit with cab lights depending on what bar you use. It may work with the SR but if you're going E series or E2, I doubt it... I'm running the SoCal Super-trucks Brackets and, well, watch the video. They've held up well and use nut-serts to attack to the A-pillar.

That is one heck of a truck my friend! I have read up on that particular mount and even called the company. They said that it will not work with cab clearance lights. I talked to someone today who is going to build me a set of brackets for a convex (curved) 50" that will mount below the cab lights. My plan is to install the convex bar and have the brackets painted to match my truck.

Fingers crossed over the period of the next month the truck should be recieving the 50" light and mounts, 08 bumper (debating on color matching or getting a chrome one), 08 tailgate, tinting the tail lights, led bulbs for the entire rear of the truck, 05 harley lights with 6000k 55 watt hids, switchbacks, paint my badges flat black, remove decals and mouldings, retinting the windows, and cutting and buffing the truck! I am contemplating running my brothers old 37" mud grapplers factory kr 18s. Just have to find some spacers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.