Suspension Help /Advise - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2006, 10:04 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Suspension Help /Advise

Interested in installing air bag suspension on '04 crew cab 4x4, I would also like to install bigger wheels and tires ( looking at procomp 17' wheels). Basically I would like to lift my truck a little but retain 100% of its usabilty, and I like the idea of being able to dump the rear airbags to hook up a trailer. Any venders with good deals let me know. Would like some advise have heard a few bad things about airbag setups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2006, 06:20 PM

:whistle: bump
Old 11-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to etalian
IN MY OPINION i would not get an airbag set up. if you go out wheelin you will be putting a ton of pressure on that bag and it is likely that you will eventually get a slow leak. at first you make think ok thats not bad. but with the slow leak the compressor has to work harder. eventually the compressor goes out. and that will be about 1500. if i were you i would look into getting a level kit. with 2" level kit you can clear 35s and run your 17. plus retain all the usability and towing ability. plus level kit from tuff country is about $160 at www.stylinconcepts.com . just my 2cents if you are looking for the most cost effective way to clear bigger tires.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etalian View Post
IN MY OPINION i would not get an airbag set up. if you go out wheelin you will be putting a ton of pressure on that bag and it is likely that you will eventually get a slow leak. at first you make think ok thats not bad. but with the slow leak the compressor has to work harder. eventually the compressor goes out. and that will be about 1500. if i were you i would look into getting a level kit. with 2" level kit you can clear 35s and run your 17. plus retain all the usability and towing ability. plus level kit from tuff country is about $160 at www.stylinconcepts.com . just my 2cents if you are looking for the most cost effective way to clear bigger tires.
Thats what I need to know, how tough are these setups, hundreds of thousands of 18 wheelers use air bag suspensions, are the ones for our trucks anywhere near as tough..... my truck is an '04 with 8800# gvwr a leveling kit wont work because the truck always has a load in it and already rides level, but instead of the front being raised to level the truck, the back springs have been sprung, because when I unload the back it raises very little.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to etalian
well you could run 33s w/ no mods. i mean the new gen sd (05-07) come from the factory w/ a 34.1" tire. i dont know about yours. maybe you could even run 35s...
try www.keldermanairride.com maybe you can find what you need there.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I went with a 2.5 or 3(?) inch rancho front spring replacement leveling kit(about $750) and a fully adjustable Pro Comp track bar (about $150), and it set me up nice...see my garage for the pics. They say I can run 35s, and I believe it...but I'm stickin with the 285's for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.