2" leveling kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 07:31 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
2" leveling kit

Hello I know its probably has been covered before, but I cant seem to find it in the search. I have a 2006 f350 with a 2" zone leveling kit. I want to run a 35x12.5r20 tire on a 20x9 zero offset or 5" backspace wheel. Does anyone know if this tire and wheel combo will work with just a 2" leveling kit? I don't want any rubbing. The zone instruction said a 35x12.5 tire on a 17x9 rim with a 4.5 backspacing would work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2013, 12:24 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I believe you should be able to run those since you don't have springs and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure a 0mm offset of a 9" wide would be 4.5 back spacing not 5
Old 12-30-2013, 01:33 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Yup it will work
Old 12-30-2013, 05:11 AM

Chilliboy93

I bought the wheels used and the guy I got them from said that they are 20x9 with a offset of 0 and back spacing of 5". So I am not sure. I check the back of the wheels but didn't see any stampings of offset or back spacing. Thanks for the reply.

Dave

Thanks for your reply also
Old 12-30-2013, 05:37 AM
I Like Shiny Things :)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
Hello I know its probably has been covered before, but I cant seem to find it in the search. I have a 2006 f350 with a 2" zone leveling kit. I want to run a 35x12.5r20 tire on a 20x9 zero offset or 5" backspace wheel. Does anyone know if this tire and wheel combo will work with just a 2" leveling kit? I don't want any rubbing. The zone instruction said a 35x12.5 tire on a 17x9 rim with a 4.5 backspacing would work.
You should be fine.....you'd basically just be running the same size tire with a bigger hole in the middle of it for the wheel.

A 0 offset would be 4.5" of backspacing on a 9" wheel. The offset measurement is the measurement from the mounting surface of the wheel to the centerline of the wheel and how far it is from the center. A positive offset means that the mounting surface is forward of the centerline towards the outside of the wheel, a negative offset means the mounting surface is behind the centerline, making a more deep-dished wheel. If the offset is 0 then the mounting surface is dead center, making your backspacing 4.5" on a 9" wide wheel

If you want to know what the measurement is on those wheels take a straight edge and measuring tape with you. Measure the width to make sure that it's 9". Then place the wheel face down and lay your straight edge across the bead surface. Measure the distance from the mounting surface to the straight edge and there's your backspacing.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
Chilliboy93

I bought the wheels used and the guy I got them from said that they are 20x9 with a offset of 0 and back spacing of 5". So I am not sure. I check the back of the wheels but didn't see any stampings of offset or back spacing. Thanks for the reply.

Dave

Thanks for your reply also
As reference to what nighthawk said here's a picture to help picture what he said
Post up pics when you get them on
Attached Thumbnails
2" leveling kit-image.jpg  
Old 12-30-2013, 07:25 PM

Thanks guys on all the replys. I will post pics as soon as I get the wheels on. I already have the leveling kit installed and wheels are back from powdercoating and tires are mounted. Just waiting for my brother to paint the center caps. Also ordered my bilstein 5100 series shocks today. Also I will get the specs off my wheels when I get a few extra min as I have been working a lot of hours at work with my father being off work
Old 01-11-2014, 06:57 PM

Got the Zone 2" leveling kit on with the new bilstein 5100 shocks all the way around the truck. Also got the 35x12.5r20 installed yesterday. I do have some tire rubbing on the lower plastic inner fender. What has everyone done with this issue? Just trim the inner fender with a cut off wheel? Also if I can figure out how to upload pictures I will try and get one up.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:27 PM

Lets see if this works.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.