Paint cost? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 04:11 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Paint cost?

Im looking at getting a new passenger side fender and tailgate... Im having a hard time finding any online in places like craiglist and ebay that are the same color as mine. Im curious as to how much it would cost to get the two parts painted at fords body shop. I have the two tone gray and black and I feel like that will make the job allot more expensive. Im deployed right now if your wondering why I dont just call up a shop and ask myself

P.S if anyone happens to have one of those parts in the right color let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I can't help you on cost but I know that you can't just paying the two panels. You'll have to have the paint blended all around it to make it look right.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think Port City GT is body shop affiliated, you may want to ask him.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Your local auto paint supply house can pull the color code from the inside the driver door and then tint it a little to match real close or dead on. You should take the truck in with you or at least the fuel door. I bought a quart of paint about $90 and a quart of really good clear for another $90. Matched perfect, shot it in my garage. Supplies and paint for under $250.
Most of these trucks were sprayed with a water based paint at the factory. Its cost more and requires a different tip on the gun. Solvent based is cheaper and easier and looks the same. Unless you very concerned bout the environment!!

My $.02

Gb

Ps. Reading your post again i think i misunderstood. You are looking for paint cost from a body shop having them do the work! I would guess $300-500 at a. Decent shop. Oops, oh well, maybe this info will help somebody!

Last edited by gblauf; 10-06-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.