HID Light Conversion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2006, 12:34 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Big Nuts Racing Send a message via MSN to Big Nuts Racing Send a message via Yahoo to Big Nuts Racing
HID Light Conversion

Has anyone done a HID headlight conversion on their vehicle? Some of the areas that we drive in are blacker than black at night so I was concidering the conversion. Any information would be great, thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nuts Racing View Post
Has anyone done a HID headlight conversion on their vehicle? Some of the areas that we drive in are blacker than black at night so I was concidering the conversion. Any information would be great, thanks in advance.
It wouldnt be that hard. infact i have seen it dont to several rigs here in town. If you like i can get you a smoken deal on HID kits.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to Big Nuts Racing Send a message via MSN to Big Nuts Racing Send a message via Yahoo to Big Nuts Racing
I have heard that there are some bolt on kits available for the Superduty. What kits can you get your hands on??

On a side note, I see you have a Civic...we just picked up a new car the other day that may interest you. You can see it HERE
Old 10-13-2006, 01:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tim99ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedSI View Post
It wouldnt be that hard. infact i have seen it dont to several rigs here in town. If you like i can get you a smoken deal on HID kits.
What do you consider a smokin deal??!!!.....
Old 10-13-2006, 01:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
Quote:
I have heard that there are some bolt on kits available for the Superduty. What kits can you get your hands on??

On a side note, I see you have a Civic...we just picked up a new car the other day that may interest you. You can see it HERE
Im trying to get ahold of my dealer so see if what kits we can get. I used to work at this shop in Fort Worth texas, we have had a few and had a couple guys come in with gtr's. There acually just about every where in the DFW. but you have a nice one there!
Old 10-13-2006, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Im trying to get ahold of my dealer so see if what kits we can get. I used to work at this shop in Fort Worth texas, we have had a few and had a couple guys come in with gtr's. There acually just about every where in the DFW. but you have a nice one there!
Ya if you could let me know on what you can get, that would be great. So you are in the DFW area? My parents are in Frisco which I guess is right outside of DFW...nice place
Old 10-13-2006, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim99ws6 View Post
What do you consider a smokin deal??!!!.....
If we can still get this spcific brand there about 289.99, and there not a cheep brand, very good products. But then again i havent worked at this shop in sometime now, so i dont know if i can get the same deals as i once could.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Ya if you could let me know on what you can get, that would be great. So you are in the DFW area? My parents are in Frisco which I guess is right outside of DFW...nice place
I acually just moved, hence the reason for not working at the shop anymore. i now live in Ausin.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I acually just moved, hence the reason for not working at the shop anymore. i now live in Ausin.
Cool...well I have found some kits...however, I could have swore that I found a site that sold a direct replacement. Basically just plug it in and go.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tim99ws6
not to step on any toes, but here is where the camaro/firebird guys get there kits....Very high quality setups...

http://www.ledgauges.com/hidkits.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.