Suspension question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Suspension question

Sorry in advance for the more than likely complicated question lol. I have a 2005 ccswb fx4 f250. I have a cheap Billet 1-1/2 leveling puck on the front which made my rear 1/2 inch lower than the front. I am wanting to get some nitto or toyo mt's around 35 inches on stock rims. I was thinking of going with a newton 2-1/2 inch front puck with a 4" block in the rear. This should give me a 1/2" rake in the rear and easily clear 35's. Is there anything else that I need to do? Shocks? Steering stabilizer? Etc? I don't want to rig this to make it handle or drive like Crap. But at the same time I don't want to spend 5,000 on rims tires and lifts. Please help. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 11:57 AM
I Like Shiny Things :)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
2.5" front puck and an F350 rear block will make you sit almost damn near level and drive pretty nice. If you want it to be a lot nicer ride (without too higher cost) check out Carli suspension leveling springs.....Ford Super Duty Leveling Coil Springs for a 2.5" Suspension Lift

I rode in a truck with those and it was super nice. You shouldn't "need" new shocks as the stock ones will work, but will be very close to topping out so I would highly recommend them. Personally I think steering stabilizers aren't needed for anything less than 40+ inch tires as long as your front end is in good repair, but that's just me. Hope this gives you a good starting point
Old 07-20-2013, 02:07 PM

Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing..... Those are over $1000.....compared to a few hundred lol.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:18 PM

Anyone else done this? Anyone have pic's?

Old 07-20-2013, 04:06 PM

The kit is over a grand, but if you already have the other parts (which you may have with your 1.5" kit that's already there) the price on just the springs is $315.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:07 PM

I can get you some more side-on shots for you if you like....I know the sig pic isn't completely great for getting a good idea on the level/stance
Old 07-20-2013, 04:28 PM

All I have so far are the 1-1/2 pucks. I was going to buy some 2-1/2 inch pucks and then raise the back 2 inches so it's a half inch higher in the rear. I was wanting to make sure that I didn't need anything extra like drop arms or all the other stuff that comes in lift kits? Also who knows the best place to buy longer shocks?

Old 07-20-2013, 06:45 PM

Anyone? Do I have to do radius arm stuff or anything? This is all Spanish to me lol

Old 07-20-2013, 07:25 PM

For what you're looking to do no you don't need to do anything with the radius arms (only with 4"+)....to do the front right you SHOULD use a track-bar drop bracket, but it's not 100% required....mine doesn't have one and works just fine I just may be buying track bars more often due to a higher angle on the ball joint end. As far as raising the back goes I'd just use an F350 block instead of the F250 block and you should have the stance at half the cost and you wouldn't need any other drop brackets in the rear. If you do get a larger 4" block, you may need at least some drop brackets for the sway bar and maybe your brake line but idk for sure

As far as longer shocks, everyone here seems to be a fan of Bilsteins, but I don't know where they get them.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk285 View Post
For what you're looking to do no you don't need to do anything with the radius arms (only with 4"+)....to do the front right you SHOULD use a track-bar drop bracket, but it's not 100% required....mine doesn't have one and works just fine I just may be buying track bars more often due to a higher angle on the ball joint end. As far as raising the back goes I'd just use an F350 block instead of the F250 block and you should have the stance at half the cost and you wouldn't need any other drop brackets in the rear. If you do get a larger 4" block, you may need at least some drop brackets for the sway bar and maybe your brake line but idk for sure

As far as longer shocks, everyone here seems to be a fan of Bilsteins, but I don't know where they get them.
Thank you so much. This post helps me a lot! :thumbup:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.