1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-14-2013, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
XL trash...

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Xl 08 mirror conversion

Bought some 08+ heat/signal mirrors from 1A auto and replaced the tow mirrors on my 06 F250 XL. Love them so far, but how do I get the signals to work? I really don't care about the heat, I live in Florida, I have my fair share already.. lol. The wiring doesn't appear to be in my door panel. Has anybody done this conversion or have a schematic to make the parking/signal lights work?
mblaksley likes this.

Chris- 2006 XL F250 44 LBCC, the "Don Schula express"..

Holder's 190/30s, custom reg return, 6.7 pump fuel system, custom built Amsoil oil bypass, custom ported intake and custom stage 2 GT4088 turbo, all built by me, BD diesel up-pipes and manifolds , Coolingmist methanol injection, studded, PMF traction Bars, deleted and oringed heads with some BPD goodies... with some love from Loxdce
post #2 of 11 Old 07-17-2013, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
XL trash...

Figured it out! Here is a helpful article I found on the Diesel Stop:
TheDieselStop.Com - www.thedieselstop.com

Same rules apply. Hope this helps anybody in the same boat.

Holder's 190/30s, custom reg return, 6.7 pump fuel system, custom built Amsoil oil bypass, custom ported intake and custom stage 2 GT4088 turbo, all built by me, BD diesel up-pipes and manifolds , Coolingmist methanol injection, studded, PMF traction Bars, deleted and oringed heads with some BPD goodies... with some love from Loxdce
post #3 of 11 Old 07-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How much did u pay for ur mirrors

04 harley davidson f-250 arp headstuds oem gaskets,sb intake,edge cts egt probe,sct sf3 idp tuned/ php tuned,blue spring,zerex coolant swap,mbrp 5 inch xdp 6 inch tip,sinister egr cooler,new oem oil cooler,atlas 40 ficm,Painted cac tubes 7.3l wire loom,Diesel site coolant filter
GPDA's other shawn

post #4 of 11 Old 07-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If I remember correctly, they're around $360 for 08 style heated power mirrors (not power telescoping or power folding). I just got a set and am waiting for the weather in FL to cooperate so I can get them installed.

Tony can give you a better answer.

tmarchand@1aauto.com

Truckless
Bulletproof Diesel www.bulletproofdiesel.com
1-A Auto Parts www.1aauto.com
post #5 of 11 Old 07-17-2013, 01:39 PM

I want the telescoping and folding though lmao I think there is a write up on how to make it all work

04 harley davidson f-250 arp headstuds oem gaskets,sb intake,edge cts egt probe,sct sf3 idp tuned/ php tuned,blue spring,zerex coolant swap,mbrp 5 inch xdp 6 inch tip,sinister egr cooler,new oem oil cooler,atlas 40 ficm,Painted cac tubes 7.3l wire loom,Diesel site coolant filter
GPDA's other shawn

post #6 of 11 Old 07-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Yeah, there's a couple of write up's here somewhere. I had no problem with skipping the power telescoping and power folding options. I can count on one hand the number of times I've extended my mirrors or folded them in since 2005.

Truckless
Bulletproof Diesel www.bulletproofdiesel.com
1-A Auto Parts www.1aauto.com
post #7 of 11 Old 07-17-2013, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
XL trash...

Yup, I think it was $360.00 from 1A Auto. They are just signal and heat. I think Tuscany did a write up on the power/folding and telescoping install. 1A Auto is great to deal with.

post #8 of 11 Old 07-17-2013, 01:49 PM

Right I will have to check it I agree I don't fold mine and all that but it will be cool for an 04 to act like a 2012

GPDA's other shawn

post #9 of 11 Old 07-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc82 View Post
Bought some 08+ heat/signal mirrors from 1A auto and replaced the tow mirrors on my 06 F250 XL. Love them so far, but how do I get the signals to work? I really don't care about the heat, I live in Florida, I have my fair share already.. lol. The wiring doesn't appear to be in my door panel. Has anybody done this conversion or have a schematic to make the parking/signal lights work?
What options did your 06 come with from the factory? If you match the options that the truck came with the the options of the mirrors everything should work for you.

Depending on how your truck is wired, I've had customers buy those 08 upgrade mirrors, plug them in and options did work that they didn't have prior to the upgrade.

If you guys have questions or get stuck, feel free to PM me, post or buzz me in the office.

Tony
post #10 of 11 Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
XL trash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ATony View Post
What options did your 06 come with from the factory? If you match the options that the truck came with the the options of the mirrors everything should work for you.

Depending on how your truck is wired, I've had customers buy those 08 upgrade mirrors, plug them in and options did work that they didn't have prior to the upgrade.

If you guys have questions or get stuck, feel free to PM me, post or buzz me in the office.

Tony
I have an Xl truck, it came with no power options at all. I bought it and it someone had already converted to power locks and windows, but it is all aftermarket. As far as I know there is a different wiring harness in my truck then XLT and other power equipped models.I could be wrong but I didn't see any connections for the mirror's options to plug into on the truck. That is why I wired it the way I did which really wasn't hard at all just took a wiring diagram. But I got to tell you that I am impressed and very happy about the quality of your product and your customer service. Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode