Best Bed Cover - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best Bed Cover

Hi Everyone! I am looking for a bed cover for my truck, retractable secure type. I am looking at the Pace Edwards Full Metal Jacket and also Roll n Lock. Does anyone have any preferences or others to suggest? I don't like how the Roll n Lock has the piece that attaches to your tailgate...that can't come in handy when you are sliding 2x4's into the truck.

Thanks again!

Chad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The Jack Rabbit, which I believe is made by Pace Edwards is pretty slick. I have had 2 of them on my last 2 trucks and they work nicely. It is retractable and it locks. It takes up about 16" out of the front of the bed, but it leaves about 10" underneath it so that longer items can go all the way to the front. It has a rubber seal on the edge where it meets the tail gate and has drain tubes @ the front that funnel the water on to the ground. It is almost flush with the top of the bed sides. Works nicely to keep things dry when travleing back and forth to the lake and moves out of the way for hauling or towing. Cost around $850 and is also available in a 12V power slide version for about $1100. The key to smooth and trouble free use is the install. I would definitley reccomend it.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That is what I am leaning towards...I looked it up and that looks very much like the roll n lock without the tailgate bracket...which is exactly what I want!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:54 PM
<<---"Shadow"---

Send a message via Yahoo to sea71
I have an older pace edwards on my truck with the tool topper box and it is still waterproof and still operates like it should.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:56 PM
The Fat Mod

I have the undercover bed cover. It is not a roll back, but I really like it. It keeps stuff dry and if you need to remove it, you can do it in about a minute. You might want to look at it. $650 or so I think.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Undercover was easy to install and is easy to take off if you need to fill the bed.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

So many options now! I like both...the undercover and the pace edwards! I'll keep everyone posted to what I do and post some pics!
Old 10-07-2006, 12:39 PM

We carry those brands. They are great products...If I only had enough time to get them listed on the site we would be set...then again there are hundreds of things I need to list.:censord: I have a regular Extang on my truck, and Im not very happy with it...sorry its the truth. Bows pop out when I pull holeshots lol. Corners curl up in the heat! Anyway, if you shoot me an email with what your looking at I can tell you of our experiences. There is another brand we carry that has a remote that rolls up the cover....? I'll have to look in our server. Too much stuff to know it all, But dont tell my wife, I told her I know everything lol!
Old 10-07-2006, 12:45 PM

Truck Covers USA

For some reason I thought they had the cover with the electric motor and remote. We carry many brands of covers, so Im probably confused or making stuff up in my head lol.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I will give you a call tomorrow about the truck cover usa model...looks realy nice! --Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.