Grill guard options - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Grill guard options

I searched this forum and only found 3 older topics. Nothing with really what I was looking for. I am considering a Ranch Hand Legend Grille Guard (GGF051BL1), Being just a guard, can a winch be used with something like this? Or do I need the full bumper replacement (which when searching the Ranch Hand website, doesn't not come up as a fit for my 2006 F250 )? What other options are there for these style grills/guards/bumpers? And can those with them post photos of theirs? Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 01:35 PM

Are you talking about trying to have the winch on just a normal grille guard? (not the full front end replacement?) if you are talking about just the normal grille guard I don't think you can have the winch (some one correct me if I'm wrong) but I think that's only a full replacement thing. As for the Ranch Hand fitting your 2006 yes it will in both the grille guard and full replacement so I don't know why you couldn't find it on their website. I think their website is a little screwy anyways. Sorry I don't have a winch on mine other wise I would post a pic but I strongly encourage everyone who's looking for a grille guard/replacement to really look around before they decide to blow large amounts of money. You'd be surprised how similar they can all be (made with the same gauge materials etc.) but how different price can be. But ranch hand is always A+
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06DieforDiesel View Post
Are you talking about trying to have the winch on just a normal grille guard? (not the full front end replacement?) if you are talking about just the normal grille guard I don't think you can have the winch (some one correct me if I'm wrong) but I think that's only a full replacement thing. As for the Ranch Hand fitting your 2006 yes it will in both the grille guard and full replacement so I don't know why you couldn't find it on their website. I think their website is a little screwy anyways. Sorry I don't have a winch on mine other wise I would post a pic but I strongly encourage everyone who's looking for a grille guard/replacement to really look around before they decide to blow large amounts of money. You'd be surprised how similar they can all be (made with the same gauge materials etc.) but how different price can be. But ranch hand is always A+
Thank you for the help. I was talking about having the winch with just the grille guard. I didnt think it would be strong enough, but I thought I would ask. Seems not many people know... Ill keep looking around to see if I can find a full bumper replacement, if money allows. Other wise Ill just go with the guard for now.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Winch must be attached to the frame with a very stout connection. A front end replacement is attached sufficiently well to the frame to allow the forces resulting from a winch. A guard is a brush guard. They look cool and hold aftermarket lights up, but they are super flimsy, even ranch hands.

I have hit two deer with my ranch hand front end replacement and had minimal damage, none to the front end.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:21 PM

How about the Warn Trans4mer?
Warn Industries - WARN Trans4mer Application Chart: Ford
Old 08-07-2013, 06:48 AM

No winch but here is a pic of the Ranch Hand Legend Bumper on my 2005.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:52 AM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroTekRob View Post
Thank you for the help. I was talking about having the winch with just the grille guard. I didnt think it would be strong enough, but I thought I would ask. Seems not many people know... Ill keep looking around to see if I can find a full bumper replacement, if money allows. Other wise Ill just go with the guard for now.

Actually you can get just the grille guard with a winch carrier that mounts between the main bars on the front.... The guard will use your tow hook mounts to mount to truck and the carrier will mount between the main beams of guard to them.... Look at my 2011... And if you look at my previous posts you will see my 2005 with a ranch hand and winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.