Looking to get a Harley Davidson Grill - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking to get a Harley Davidson Grill

Title says it all, I'm looking at putting on HD lights and a HD grill. I've been looking around, and have been having issues finding a site to order off of. I've been looking on EBay for the lights.

My question is, anyone got a nice site to order these two items off of with a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Semper Fi

Hey Nifty,
I see you accomplished what you were looking to do when you posted this. What method worked the best for you? I'm looking to do the same thing so any advice you have would be much appreciated.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:38 PM

partsgeek.com is where I got my HD grill for like 80 bucks. Check them out great product excellent shipping speed.
The Following User Says Thank You to rebelranger For This Useful Post:
TClev (06-09-2014)
Old 07-03-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TClev View Post
Hey Nifty,
I see you accomplished what you were looking to do when you posted this. What method worked the best for you? I'm looking to do the same thing so any advice you have would be much appreciated.
TClev,

Sorry for the late response, I didn't see that you had posted on here. I ended up being able to order both of these off of Amazon and they worked great! The lights were from Eagle Eyes, and the grill was from headlights depot I can give you some links. The grill definitely isn't as sturdy as the OEM one that came off my truck, but I was kind of expecting that since the harley grill isn't from ford. They came out looking sharp tho!

Here are the links:

Lights -
Amazon Amazon

Grill -
Amazon.com: GRILLE Ford F-250 Super Duty, Ford F-350 Super Duty BLACK WITH CHROME BILLET LOOK(ABS PLASTIC), HARLEY DAVISON. (S DO NOT COME WITH MANUFACTURER EMBLEMS / LOGOS. THEY ARE TRADEMARK PROTECTED.): Automotive Amazon.com: GRILLE Ford F-250 Super Duty, Ford F-350 Super Duty BLACK WITH CHROME BILLET LOOK(ABS PLASTIC), HARLEY DAVISON. (S DO NOT COME WITH MANUFACTURER EMBLEMS / LOGOS. THEY ARE TRADEMARK PROTECTED.): Automotive
Old 07-04-2014, 12:18 AM
Real Men of Genius

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelranger View Post
partsgeek.com is where I got my HD grill for like 80 bucks. Check them out great product excellent shipping speed.
This is where I ordered my last Harley grille from too. Much better quality than OEM, in my opinion. Love partsgeek.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I take it the Harley grilles on partsgeek are not OEM.. who is the manufacturer? And what makes them better than the OEM Harley grilles?
Old 07-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Real Men of Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by havinnoj View Post
I take it the Harley grilles on partsgeek are not OEM.. who is the manufacturer? And what makes them better than the OEM Harley grilles?
Can't remember who the manufacturer is, but you are correct - they are not OEM. The OEM Harley grilles are very thin plastic that warp up at the top (where the 4 screws hold it in place). The one that I bought from partsgeek was thick plastic and just felt a lot sturdier.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Real Men of Genius

Notice the "waves" at the top of the grille (just under the hood)

Here's the partsgeek one
Old 07-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Diesel View Post
Can't remember who the manufacturer is, but you are correct - they are not OEM. The OEM Harley grilles are very thin plastic that warp up at the top (where the 4 screws hold it in place). The one that I bought from partsgeek was thick plastic and just felt a lot sturdier.
Thanks for the info and the pics. No issues with the fit and finish?
Old 07-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Diesel View Post
Notice the "waves" at the top of the grille (just under the hood)
Mine looks like that too. When I see these threads about aftermarket Harley headlights or 08+ mirrors I'm always concerned about the quality compared to OEM until I have seen a substantial amount of feedback. The grill is different though. The factory grill is very disappointing for a truck that stickered at over $50k new. It would be hard for an aftermarket grill to be worse. I've searched over the years for a billet grill that replicated the stock appearance with no success. Glad to see there is a decent alternative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.