'05 Head Light Conversion Template/Guide For Cutting and install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Tired Marine.

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'05 Head Light Conversion Template/Guide For Cutting and install

Yes I know there is already a thread about this by BamaSixGun and for the idea and the write up goes to him. I am just creating a write up that has all the information in one spot with all the pics together. Some of the pics are from his post as well.

This is BamaSixGun's Write up.

Tools:
Dremel with reinforced cutting disc or similar tool
Phillips head screw driver
Small Socket set
Sharpie and straight edge

First to remove your stock headlights. At the two arrows shown there is two small bolts that are under your signal light remove and KEEP both of those. You will reuse them on the new lights.

Then pull out the signal light housing and the headlight housing carefully to protect the wires but they are pretty ignorant to pull out. They are held in by a ball socket.

Then mark out the area that will be cut like BamaSixGun shows here.

Once cut it will look something like this.

As well as pull out this trim piece.

Now if you do like I did and order the headlights with new bulbs and plugs in them you can remove and reuse the stock ones besides the headlight plug and bulb because they are 9007 and the new one is 9008 or H13.
This is the signal light.

This is the headlight remove the part I have circled this will not be used.
as you see the stock wire harness plug is different then the new bulb plug, I will get into that at the end.

Here is the side marker light.

Now to install the new headlight you will need (4) speed nuts and (4) bolts/screws I used bolts its all I could find.

Install the speed nuts in the circled area like I have here.

Now I used one of the socket bolts to tip out my passenger side header to flush the headlight up but you can remove them like I did on my driver side.

Now install your new headlights and do not forget to put the bulbs in first.

Once the headlights are in place install the bolts I showed earlier into the speed nuts at the top of the headlight. As well as the stock bolts you removed from the bottom of the stock signal light in the same place.

Now re-install your grill.

And now you are done! Kick back and enjoy your handy work and a beer!

But the last little bit of information I have is the headlights I bought off of ebay for $109 here.
And the wire harness I used was also from ebay for $12 here, and yes I know some people prefer the one from dfuser.com I am not against that I just know of others that didn't use the relay or resistors and still do today with no issues this is just what I used.
The speed nuts and the bolts are from advanced for a few bucks.

And again please give alot of the respect to BamaSixGun for the idea and the starting thread of this I just wanted to help out everyone instead of hunting for everything. Thank you again.

Last edited by Treynolds08; 05-10-2013 at 06:55 PM. Reason: messed up a image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.