Need your opinion on face liff - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need your opinion on face liff

As you can see in my signature my truck is charcoal beige, it looks grey most of the time and brown in low light.

I am getting ready to buy new rims, headlights and taillights and want to see what you guys think of blacking everything out.

I am thinking of plastidipping the bottom where the truck is tan, black and all of the badges black also. If I like the black the bottom of the truck will get painted.

One of the reasons I am thinking of doing this is because it is so hard to get chrome wheels any more and they don't last very long up here in Alaska. It takes about 2 years before the chrome starts flaking, these wheels are about 3 years old now so they look pretty bad.

Let me know what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I wouldn't not ! it will cheapen the look of your truck. spend the dough on polished wheels, and keep them protected with ZOOPS or the like....and just take the time every year to repolish
Old 03-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Premium Member

Cheapen as in make it look like a fleet truck??

I just noticed I spelled "lift" wrong
Old 03-24-2013, 02:41 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do it!!!! I did the plastidip treatment to ditch the factory black/tan two tone.
Im not a fan of chrome/polished. Black is bad @$$.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRaZy8 View Post
Do it!!!! I did the plastidip treatment to ditch the factory black/tan two tone.
Im not a fan of chrome/polished. Black is bad @$$.
I'm trying to imagine what the charcoal beige and the black would look like together. I think I'm going to plastidip the bottom and see what it looks like. If it looks like crap, at least it will be easy to peel off.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:49 AM

If you dip/paint the grille black, i'd def like to see pictures. I know I have the chrome grille but I'm thinking about painting the shell black like the harley style and get harley lights. Curious to what look you go with since I am the same color.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:29 PM

For years I've remained a fan of polished wheels over black, but times change, I finally gave in. I'm on a tight budget right now, so new wheels were not an option. The clear coat on my factory wheels looked horrible. I ended up having them powder coated satin black for $75/ea. Very happy with the results.

Still need to do something with the front chrome bumper. I've thought about just having it powder coated, but if I can get motivated I really want to fabricate my own and powder coat that one.

The chrome was also coming off my grill so I had it painted to match the truck.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:33 AM
Serving Our Country!

Snafu!, I know this isn't much help, but I think your truck looks fantastic the way it is right now. I don't think your paint scheme will set off flat black wheels, or grille, or anything flat. I would definitely go gloss black wheels if you must go black. This is just my opinion though. Mine is white and I am thinking about rocking some black wheels. I am currently deployed overseas at the moment. I've just about got everything picked out to build my beast truck as soon as I hit American soil! I went chrome with the last one I did, which was an '08 model, now I have the '04 model and I am gonna try the "new chrome" (black) look. Both white trucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.