Looking for a leveling kit and new shocks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking for a leveling kit and new shocks

Hey guys, I'm looking for a front leveling kit for the pickup that's in my signature. How would I go about getting the right size? Do I need to know how much lower the front of my pickup sits compared to the rear? I'm assuming so. Also what brands and what style would you go with (I've seen a few different ones with spacers and others with leafsprings and u-bolts, I'd assume that the ones with the leafs and u bolts are the way to go). Also, this truck has about 112,000 miles on it and is in dire need of new shocks. What would you suggest for a truck that doesn't see a whole bunch of towing, sees a lot of highway travel (a large portion of this highway that I'm on is bumpy (If any of you have driven on I25 in colorado between Wyoming and Denver you know what I mean!), and a lot of dirt roads (bumpy surfaces, potholes, etc). Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2008, 01:14 PM

Well, there are several types of leveling kits you can go with depending on how much you really want to spend. Doing an add a leaf will be your cheapest route, then you have your spring packs and mini spring packs ($200-$300), and last, shackle and hangers (usually more then $300). Since you have a F250 you'll probably need to buy F350 blocks for you rear since a leveling kit will actually make your front end higher (not sure if you will need new blocks if you go with an add a leaf). I have a picture of the spring packs in my garage if you aren't sure what I am talking about. As for shocks, a lot of guys here replace their old shocks with bilstiens.

Moon

Last edited by Powermoon; 01-22-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:30 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to southern7.3
i have a 2.5" rough country kit came with new shocks n spring packs. It has a nice stance to it. Picked it up for 270
Old 01-23-2008, 07:21 AM

Ford Suspension Lift Kits

Is that the kit that you got southern7.3? What did you do for the rear if anything?
Old 01-24-2008, 06:02 AM

I would like to find a leveling kit for my '05 dually, but I want to lower the rear level with the front, but maintain the payload capabilities. I haul a gooseneck trailer... Anyone know of such a thing?

(Sorry to piggyback on your thread dmalmgre)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.