Will these wheels fit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-10-2013, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will these wheels fit

I have a 04 king ranch 4x4 and a guy has these wheels and nitto terra grappler tires for sale. They both have the same lug pattern from what I have researched but not sure about the offset. I have found different opinions on that. Just wondering if they will fit because I can get a good deal on them and I need tires. They have the open holes on the front center caps to fit my manual locking hubs through. Just would like to know because it is close to a hour drive to go get them. thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3G33L53J35N85He5Jdd378887d5307e5b1bea.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	80826  
944own is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 03-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
BIG Laing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 2,483
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 944own View Post
I have a 04 king ranch 4x4 and a guy has these wheels and nitto terra grappler tires for sale. They both have the same lug pattern from what I have researched but not sure about the offset. I have found different opinions on that. Just wondering if they will fit because I can get a good deal on them and I need tires. They have the open holes on the front center caps to fit my manual locking hubs through. Just would like to know because it is close to a hour drive to go get them. thanks
You need between a 0 offset and a -12 offset for stock sized wheels to fit on a stock height '04 and older truck.

So find out what offset they have before buying them.

2013 Lariat Eco-Boost F150 Super Crew 4x4 20K Miles. Max-Tow 3.73's, luxury package. Amp Steps, Raceline Raptor Wheels, Bak-Flip, and much more.


(Sold) 2011 Lariat 6.7 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4 60K MILES
Nitto Terra Grappler 295/70/R18 on OEM's
BIG Laing is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 03-10-2013, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
You need between a 0 offset and a -12 offset for stock sized wheels to fit on a stock height '04 and older truck.

So find out what offset they have before buying them.
Yea I have looked around some more and I think I would need wheel spacers that would cost close to $200 to make them work. If it was a 05 I think they would bolt right up. I sure wish they would fit. thanks
944own is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 03-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
BIG Laing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 2,483
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 944own View Post
Yea I have looked around some more and I think I would need wheel spacers that would cost close to $200 to make them work. If it was a 05 I think they would bolt right up. I sure wish they would fit. thanks
So they have a + offset? Like +20 or +40?

2013 Lariat Eco-Boost F150 Super Crew 4x4 20K Miles. Max-Tow 3.73's, luxury package. Amp Steps, Raceline Raptor Wheels, Bak-Flip, and much more.


(Sold) 2011 Lariat 6.7 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4 60K MILES
Nitto Terra Grappler 295/70/R18 on OEM's
BIG Laing is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 03-10-2013, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
So they have a + offset? Like +20 or +40?
Im really not sure just going by what I have read you need the spacers to put wheels from anything 05 or newer on anything 04 or older. Just hoping someone had some first hand experience that could confirm or deny this. thanks for your help
944own is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 03-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
BIG Laing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 2,483
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 944own View Post
Im really not sure just going by what I have read you need the spacers to put wheels from anything 05 or newer on anything 04 or older. Just hoping someone had some first hand experience that could confirm or deny this. thanks for your help
Yes if the wheels your are looking at are stock 05+, they have a +40 offset. 04 and older has a 0 offset stock. 40 mm is about 1 3/4" so you would need 2" spacers.

If you get spacers buy a popular brand that are hub centric and wheel centric. Do NOT buy lug centric spacers!

2013 Lariat Eco-Boost F150 Super Crew 4x4 20K Miles. Max-Tow 3.73's, luxury package. Amp Steps, Raceline Raptor Wheels, Bak-Flip, and much more.


(Sold) 2011 Lariat 6.7 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4 60K MILES
Nitto Terra Grappler 295/70/R18 on OEM's
BIG Laing is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 03-10-2013, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
Yes if the wheels your are looking at are stock 05+, they have a +40 offset. 04 and older has a 0 offset stock. 40 mm is about 1 3/4" so you would need 2" spacers.

If you get spacers buy a popular brand that are hub centric and wheel centric. Do NOT buy lug centric spacers!
Thanks for the help I think im gonna pass on the deal. Guess I will just be buying tires for what I have. I see you have 295 70 18 in your sig. Can I fit that size without a lift or rubbing. I have 275 70 18 now. thanks
944own is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 03-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
BIG Laing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 2,483
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 944own View Post
Thanks for the help I think im gonna pass on the deal. Guess I will just be buying tires for what I have. I see you have 295 70 18 in your sig. Can I fit that size without a lift or rubbing. I have 275 70 18 now. thanks
I am not sure on your truck sorry. I know they fit on 08+.

Mine are 34.5x11.8 your current tires are 33.5x10.8

Do you have 1/2" clearance in every direction? I would imagine you would barely rub the leafs at full lock.

2013 Lariat Eco-Boost F150 Super Crew 4x4 20K Miles. Max-Tow 3.73's, luxury package. Amp Steps, Raceline Raptor Wheels, Bak-Flip, and much more.


(Sold) 2011 Lariat 6.7 F350 CCLB SRW 4X4 60K MILES
Nitto Terra Grappler 295/70/R18 on OEM's
BIG Laing is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 03-15-2013, 11:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Sno-Mow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Will these wheels fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944own View Post
I have a 04 king ranch 4x4 and a guy has these wheels and nitto terra grappler tires for sale. They both have the same lug pattern from what I have researched but not sure about the offset. I have found different opinions on that. Just wondering if they will fit because I can get a good deal on them and I need tires. They have the open holes on the front center caps to fit my manual locking hubs through. Just would like to know because it is close to a hour drive to go get them. thanks
I've got 18" 06 rims on my 03 they fit but rub on the leaf springs if you turn too sharp.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2003 F250 6.0l
281,000 miles and counting
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EGR Cooler Delete, A1 Studs, 3.5" Down Pipe, 4" Straight Pipe, Turbo Rebuilt, New OE Heads, New HPOP, New Injectors
Blizzard 8611PP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because you won't push it with a gasser!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sno-Mow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome