pic request...05+ - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eazenutz33
pic request...05+

ok, I know certain people say this and others say that.....I wanna see some pics of 05+ leveled f250's with stock 275/65/20 tires, then with 35's on a truck.

I'm from Missouri....the show me statt....so show me, so I can feel comfy bout the tires I'm pickin up as soon as these goodyears are gone.

pics with 325 terra grapplers, 35x12.5 Pro Comp Xtreme ATs would be AWESOME since those are two of the tires I'm looking at heavily. Also considering BFG AT KO's in a 285/65/20, I think they work out to 35x11.5.....so if one of you fellers has a pic of that, toss it up too.

Right now I have whats in my sig....5.64" backspacing on the 20" Panther Juice8 rims

Thanks guys......any opinions on the tires is also appreciated. I need all-terrains for the farm, and the mileage over mud terrains, although small...due to driving so many highway miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2008, 09:54 PM

Sorry, no pics of what you are looking for from me, but why not look at the Toyo Open Country MTs (just another suggestion). They seem to be just as quiet as an AT (Toyo Open Country ATs are on my Durango). Most of my driving is highway (so far 15k and they still look new if cleaned) and I've heard they should last 40k to 50k if properly rotated just like an AT. Just my 2 cents and I think you'd be happily surprised.

Moon
Old 01-14-2008, 05:43 AM

if they last that long they wouldnt be bad at all....I've heard it both way tho....I was looking at Nitto Mud Grapplers til I actually HEARD them on th road and also after hearing some horrible stories about 20-25k on em.

I know the ProComp Xtreme ATs have a 40,000 mile warranty, the only one I've seen so far with that.

I'll have to look into the Toyos and see how they look and what sizes (actual measurements) they come in. I dont know if anyones gonna have pics for me on this, I debating on trying to measure the room I have now and try to figure out what I can fit. It almost looks like my leveling kit also brought my axle back towards the rear edge of the front fender and away from the front edge....would make sense considering there was nothing to lengthen that arm that goes from the frame to the axle.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:10 AM

I don't know the process in measuring but I'm pretty sure you could go to a tire shop and they maybe able to tell you what will and will not work. Heck, they may even let to try several sizes on just to see what you like and which ones work the best (call it "man shoe shopping"). My tire guy is convinced he can put 35s" on my leveled 03 (we'll have to wait and see in the next couple of years though).

Moon
Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am running 35 12.5x18 toyo Open country MT's. Mine is not leveled, Has no rubbing, and no problems turning. Pics in my gallery.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermoon View Post
I don't know the process in measuring but I'm pretty sure you could go to a tire shop and they maybe able to tell you what will and will not work. Heck, they may even let to try several sizes on just to see what you like and which ones work the best (call it "man shoe shopping"). My tire guy is convinced he can put 35s" on my leveled 03 (we'll have to wait and see in the next couple of years though).

Moon
if he wanted to try on a leveled 05 and was close....you bet I would let him try!

All the places around here say its yours once its mounted.....I'm gonna call a few new places and see if I can find a place that would mount em and see what will fit and what wont. I haven't decided which tire yet, because I've heard really good and really bad about all of em.

decisions on tires should be as easy as deciding which programmer for a 6.0!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:39 PM

It is. Go with the toyo lmao. You won't be sorry.

Moon
Old 01-15-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermoon View Post
It is. Go with the toyo lmao. You won't be sorry.

Moon
hahaha....you might be right. Got my SCT in yesterday and custom ID tunes last night....today's drive was alot more enjoyable than usual!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:27 AM

I have always wanted to use that.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:45 AM

hahaha......I agree....now get to it everyone! haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.