Leveling Truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2006, 06:12 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Leveling Truck

I was wondering if leveling out my F250 is worth it andwould it work if I have the FX4 package. I was just reading here and elsewhere that using certain lift components are worse than others. I was just reading about the Rancho & Skyjacker kits, and the Rancho was around $900 because it used HD radius arms instead of just raising the coil height and adding leafs (skyjacker) which was only $275. Would the rancho be more worthwhile because it is more money or would it not matter. I'm not really planning on lifting my truck, but wouldn't mind leveling it out, however I was thinking that that may have a bad effect if/when I get my plow put on?
Thanks.

-BG06.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to trhland
i have the rough country kit for mine its great!! if you have coil springs

Last edited by trhland; 08-31-2006 at 01:57 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:22 PM

Wouldnt worry about anything...2.5" leveling spacers keep your suspension in tollerance for alignment and as long as your not seriously off roading the stock shocks should be ok. Adding a plow will not affect anything. Rough Country makes a 1.5" replacement spring if you dont want to go the full 2.5", I believe thy run about $150?
Old 08-31-2006, 04:53 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Well, I talked to rockymountainsusp.com and they steered me towards the Revtek 2.5 leveling kit, saying that it gives the most OEM ride. However the other companies that I talked to (Rancho & Skyjacker) both said that there is no way to maintain the stock ride after you lift it. I know that is true when you do a 6 inch, but I didn't know a 2.5" would do that.

-BG06.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to trhland
mine rides the same after i installed the lift
Old 08-31-2006, 06:28 AM
I don't know nuttin....

What does a good lift cost....say 3 or 4" and how hard is it to put on on a F-350 dually with front leaf springs.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:20 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Its gonna run you between $900-$1200. Rancho has the most expensive. Rough Country though has a 3" for $440. I don't know much about them, but it uses front coils and rear blocks, and allows 35s to be put on, however w/ a dually you're going to be spending more on rubber than on the lift, so I'd get something you're happy with. Check out these guys: www.rockymountainsusp.com They've helped me in the past.

-BG06.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:37 PM

Pre 05 leaf spring kits are extemely simple to install and run from $700 to $1200...my 05 with 2.5'' Pro-comp spacers rides just like stock.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:18 PM

it takes about 1 hour max to do this job, jack the truck remove bolts in top of coil springs and remove shocks as well as release brake line hangers for travel purposes only. Let front axle down and remove factory spacer install new spacer and jack axle back up. ride doesnt change at all, I am doing another one on Saturday for a friend. I recommend replacing shocks as well some applications do not require it I am pretty sure yours does. Perfect ride and less than $225.00 . in my opinion you cant beat it.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:20 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

The only problem other than the ride is asthetic, I basically don't want to have a truck w/ the 3 stock Rancho 5000s in the rear and 2 new ones of a different brand in the front. The Revtek company has their shocks that look exactly like ranchos, but have their logo and a black boot. They said that they'll leave the logo off, and said for me to just swap the boots witht he stock ranchos and I'll be fine.

-BG06.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.