Lowered 4x4s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 12:21 PM
Real Men of Genius

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Lowered 4x4s

I'd like to see some pics of any lowered 4x4 6.0s out there. I know that we can't lower it as much as the 4x2 fellas, but I was just curious as to what you guys have and also what tire size you're running. My truck will be lowered whenever I do the shortbed conversion, however I'd like to see what all setups people have ran.

Also, for the sake of only keeping this to one thread, if anyone has pictures of a roll pan on the back of their truck instead of a bumper - that'd be welcome too. Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
i don't know of anyone who lowered their trucks on here.. kinda kills part of the reason for owning a truck
Old 02-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Real Men of Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
i don't know of anyone who lowered their trucks on here.. kinda kills part of the reason for owning a truck
There are tons of people who have lowered their trucks on here. Most of the trucks though (I believe) are only 2WD, I'm not sure I've seen any 4WD trucks that have been lowered, which is why I started the thread. Joe and Kenny are probably the two more popular guys on here who have had lowered trucks. Joe had a lowered RCSB and Kenny has a lowered Dually.

Joe's Truck

Kenny's Truck

I didn't buy my truck to go off-roading, nor haul anything, etc... I bought it as a DD and to make tons of horsepower out of. I like the idea that I can use the bed for transporting large items I may buy from stores (such as furniture) but other than that, I will never tow anything.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Diesel View Post
There are tons of people who have lowered their trucks on here. Most of the trucks though (I believe) are only 2WD, I'm not sure I've seen any 4WD trucks that have been lowered, which is why I started the thread. Joe and Kenny are probably the two more popular guys on here who have had lowered trucks. Joe had a lowered RCSB and Kenny has a lowered Dually.

Joe's Truck

Kenny's Truck

I didn't buy my truck to go off-roading, nor haul anything, etc... I bought it as a DD and to make tons of horsepower out of. I like the idea that I can use the bed for transporting large items I may buy from stores (such as furniture) but other than that, I will never tow anything.
i meant 4x4 trucks.. i knew about Kenny's truck.. never seen joe's.. but why would you want to lower a 4x4 truck? can't have fun offroad with lowered truck... kinda ruins part of the point of having 4x4 (other part is for snow/bad weather)
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Real Men of Genius

Well.... the plan for my truck, is to do the shortbed conversion - then stuff an 800rwhp Cummins in it. I don't think having it 2WD is going to be very helpful.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Diesel View Post
Well.... the plan for my truck, is to do the shortbed conversion - then stuff an 800rwhp Cummins in it. I don't think having it 2WD is going to be very helpful.
oh i see, someone is making a race truck are they! this i wanna see but why a cummins and not build up the engine already in the truck?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:01 PM

Hello.

I've lowered my 4x4 about 2 inches. All I could do was swap the factory rear 4 inch lift blocks with the 2 inch lift blocks from an F250. I could not find any other kit or anything for lowering.

The reason I lowered the truck was to haul a 5th wheel trailer. The factory height put all of the weight on the back axle of the 5th wheel, and got dangerously close to hitting the bedrails on the trailer while traversing mountain roads. The picture in my sig shows the truck already lowered, but still looks basically stock.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:05 PM

your front axle and oil pan will be your nemesis
Old 02-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Real Men of Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
oh i see, someone is making a race truck are they! this i wanna see but why a cummins and not build up the engine already in the truck?
Yeah, we'll see about the race truck. It's going to be a long build. First the exterior (shortbed conversion, hood, paint, etc), then the interior (Lariat trim upgrade over the XLT), then the engine.

Thinking that it's going to take about a year to get the engine and all of that worked out. I'm estimating about $8k for the conversion for a stock common rail - including the engine. I'll keep my ZF6 tranny, I love that thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
your front axle and oil pan will be your nemesis
Yes.... yes they will. I was just outside looking at them. I think I'll be able to lower the front by about 2"... we'll see. The goal, is to be able to lower the truck enough to where I feel I can take off the step side. Right now, the truck sits "just" high enough to where I feel that I need it.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:49 AM

Hmm there is a guy on here who took his ccsb that was on like 40s thats a 4x4 and dropped it. Dont take my word on this but if I recall right for a 2005-2007 take 5.4 springs for the front then remove the stock lift blocks in the rear i will look into it again. Most people that ive seen run 20s with 305/55/20. Good set of tires is nitto 420s killer price on them like 800-900 shipped closer to 800 i believe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.