2.5 spacer question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 02:09 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2.5 spacer question

First off i would like to say Hi as I am new to this board. Just bought an 05 6.0L, traded in the 04 f150 5.4L. Been a member of f150online for a while but now i'm here. On to the question....I have read numerous posts about the leveling kits, but was wondering if I went with the 2.5 kit do I need to get new track bar relocation bracket and a new pitman arm, or can I just put in the spacer and not have a problem with the other? I have seen some say yes and some say no, i'm just not sure on what I should do. I would appreciate any help with this. Again, Hi to all and thank for a great forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007, 02:52 AM
Banned

The biggest problem you are going to see is that 2.5" is too much for a 250. Those kits were designed for a 350 which has taller blocks in the rear. You could always get the 350 to complete the package.

A track bar relocate is not 100% necessary, but is the right way to do it. I don't have any of that on my truck yet and it's been fine. There is a possibility that you will experience bump steer with a 2.5" kit. I haven't had mine realigned and experience very little negative effects. The $150 spacer kits are economical, but in the near future I will be going with a more complete kit that moves the track bar and allows for accurate alignment.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:12 PM

thanks for the help 720deere. I think I will get the spacer and a new block with track bar relocator bracket.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had 2.5" spacers and it was 2" to much on the F250 4x4. Stock the F250 has 1/2" of rake. F350's have 2.5" of rake. Like 720 said, the 2.5" level kits are for leveling a 4x4 F350 which has the 4" (3.875") rear blocks. I hated the way my F250 drove with the 2.5" spacers. the axle was pulled over to one side and it got bump steer. Don't do just spacers. This morning I was researching level kits myself. for a stock F250, you can't do much... try and make/find 1/2" spacers. smallest spacers I've found are 1". so F250's pretty much don't need a level kit. I didn't really mind my 1/2" of rake, barely noticed it. As for doing a proper 2.5" kit, see the general section of the forum, where I posted. I pretty much found a way to piece together a level kit. and then you can get F350 blocks & ubolts & rear shocks to finish it off. Have yourself a nice level F350.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:50 PM

Good write up jbaker, I think that I just might wait and do a 4" so I can get all the parts and not mix and match. How do you like your 4" kit? I'm drawn between rancho and skyjacker.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

LOVE my skyjacker. Rides awsome. I have the nitro shocks. And Like I said, a leveled F350 is only 1.5" lower than a 4" kit. I roughly priced piecing the 2.5" kit, and F350 blocks and rear shocks etc... $1,300. My 4" kit cost me $2,500. so there are some money savings. but you don't get SS brake lines or a pitman arm or stabilizer. If I could do it over again.... I'd piece it. unless I wanted 35's+ on Aftermarket wheels, then you need the 4" kit. I just want 35's on OEM wheels. I'm gonna get my 35's, see how it fits, and maybe try and sell my 4" kit. If it's going to cost me money to lower it... i'll keep my 4" kit.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Premium Member

Could you use a 2.5 level kit with a 6in. lift ? I mean i have a 6 in. lift, but I want to do an 8 in. Could I put a level on and maybe an add a leaf to get 8 in. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.