06 F350 Lift questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:57 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06 F350 Lift questions

For those of with experience I am looking at either the 6" Superlift or 6" ProComp. I wanted to get the rear springs with either, but found out I would lose the overloads. Is this a big deal since I have air bags? Is there much of a difference between the bilstiens that come with SuperLift or ProComp's MX-6? Which kit in general would be better? I am keeping my 325/65/18's for now and my wheels have 5 1/2" backspace. I do tow my 40ft Toy Hauler occasionally but we are hoping to sell it and down size.

I would love to do a DR kit, but I don't want to spend that much coin for a lift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have had good luck with Fabtech kits and Bilstein's. I would do the rear springs and add helper bags for the best end result. Remember that even if you keep your stock springs and over loads the rear will squat about 2" before the start working so if you start with a level truck and drop your trailer on you will still squat a little lower than the front. Bags will help with ride as you can adjust them depending on the road and weight you are towing.

Are you doing the install on your lift yourself?

Nor-Cal Nick
Old 11-20-2007, 09:04 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I installed my owm Pro Comp 6" stg 2 lift W/ new rear leaf pack... simple install (except pitman arm) Have had it on for 14,000 miles now and is a great lift and have had no problems.....Cant help you on shocks... i dont use either of those sorry
Old 11-20-2007, 09:18 PM

Thanks for the replies. I was steering away from Fabtech because of multiple issues I heard about in another forum. I will probably be doing the install myself.

huhner5, do you have any pics of your truck?

Do you guys have any other suggestions, things to watch out for? One thing I have noticed on the kits with rear blocks, it sounds like they want you to either stack the blocks (I don't think so) or install one that is only an inch or taller than I have now. So with a full 6" in front and only 1-2" in the rear, the truck would look like a pre-runner, or am I missing something?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:23 PM

Also, are there any benefits to new radius arms over the drop bracket? Increased travel?

Anybody heard much about the Rough Country 6" 4 link. I just saw this kit and it seems reasonable compared to the other 4 link kits out.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:25 AM

When installing blocks out of a kit they ask you to install them with the factory block/bump stop so the factory bump still works. Stacking is not my favorite. If budget doesn't allow start with the blocks and know that springs will be better and you can all ways up grade later.

I prefer the radius arms over the drop brackets. They work better and are way stronger.

Nor-Cal Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.