--Okay...so about those headlights AND the fogs!!!??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
--Okay...so about those headlights AND the fogs!!!???

First...I've done a few searches.
I've got an 05' Harley F250 and my headlights/assembly are a bit faded/old to say the least. AND...my fogs are faded with one with moisture....and not as bright as I'd like either

To get right at it...I've got some other Recon stuff on my truck (and have been very happy with them) but I'm looking for a BETTER THAN STOCK headlight assembly. So...all-in, is the recon with the Xenon Bulbs BETTER than stock from a brightness (etc) standpoint? If not...what is better?

And...what else would you recommend?

And...regarding the fogs...what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 03:00 PM

Bump. Hoping to find some good advice
Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
--Okay...so about those headlights AND the fogs!!!???

Put HIDs in stock housings... Way brighter

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I heard the recon stuff is just re-named Chinese lights that u can buy a whole lot cheaper on eBay .
Old 01-22-2013, 07:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Stroking4ever Send a message via Skype™ to Stroking4ever
It really depends on what your looking to do Steve. You can either buy a headlight restoration kit and get rid of the haze on the head and fog lights which will increase the clarity and give you some increased light output. You can always get and HID kit for both the head and fog lights which would be the cheapest and easiest way to increase your light output with out any major mods to the truck. Generally you can find a decent HID kit on ebay for $50-$100. If you wanted to go with different headlights you can pick up a good set for about $150-$200 depending on type and style. I picked up a set of Harley headlights with clear reflectors of ebay for $140 and they're great. If you want something different then the stock ones they sell two different style projector headlights for our trucks. If you want to go projector they all come with the Halo's or Angel eye's. They thing you want to remember if you buy a set of Halo headlights is to buy them with the CCFL halo rings. They're a lot bright and significantly better quality then the LED style halo's.

When it comes to the fogs, the OEM fogs really are very good lights especially when combined with a HID kit. If your looking for something a little more unique you can always slap a pair of Rigid Industries Dually or D2's in place of the oem lights. If you want some serious light you can fit a 20" bar from Rigid or any other manufacturer in the space and it fits perfect.

When it comes to Recon lights stay away from their larger items, head lights, taillights, off road LED's, ect. They're extremely over priced.

CCFL vs LED halo

Projector style 1

Projector style 2

Harley headlights with clear reflectors

My truck with Harley headlights and 20" LED bar in place of OEM fogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by f350powerstroke View Post
I heard the recon stuff is just re-named Chinese lights that u can buy a whole lot cheaper on eBay .
Yup that is true they just rename chine stuff. Though a lot of the china stuff really isn't bad quality its just what Recon charges for it is a damn joke. You can general find they same products on ebay for a quarter of the price.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Re: --Okay...so about those headlights AND the fogs!!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc1 View Post
Bump. Hoping to find some good advice
Cary @ CT Performance, a site sponsor, makes a true ford oem projector headlight. Probably the best available for superdutys right now. Price is up there but you are one and done with it. I just had a retro solutions kit, with lifetime warranty, installed in my eagle eye harley knock offs I got on ebay and it was top 3 best mods Ive done to truck. Retro is also a site sponsor and very helpful with PM support.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:36 AM

Great stuff...thanks all!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDpsd View Post
Cary @ CT Performance, a site sponsor, makes a true ford oem projector headlight. Probably the best available for superdutys right now. Price is up there but you are one and done with it. I just had a retro solutions kit, with lifetime warranty, installed in my eagle eye harley knock offs I got on ebay and it was top 3 best mods Ive done to truck. Retro is also a site sponsor and very helpful with PM support.
^^ exactly what i was going to recommend. the harleys with projectors look amazing..then dump the fogs and get a nice LED bar for your fog lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.