New Rubber - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Rubber

I got these a couple weeks ago but just recently got a chance to take some pics. These aren't anything special as far as size goes, but they're a great replacement for the OEM size tires. They're 18" Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grade All Terrains.

I really love these tires. They're absolutely silent. I think they're quieter than the OEM highway Crappynentals. They're awesome in the wet and have about 10 times more traction off road than my factory ones did. I live way out in the sticks and have a steep gravel drive. I used to have to engage 4 wheel when it was raining just to get out of the driveway. Now I can just idle out in 2 wheel.

If you want to replace with an OEM-size tire, check these out.
Attached Thumbnails
New Rubber-tire2.jpg   New Rubber-tire1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2007, 10:05 PM
The Fat Mod

Looks good. I have heard good stuff about those tires.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:24 AM

those look like nice tires, i would consider them. I dont really go 4 wheeling but I do go off road and dont want to get stuck. I am half scared to take my crappynentals off the pavement.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:24 PM

Your fears are well founded. The Continentals SUCK. Why Ford would put a highway tire on an FX4 off road package is beyond me. As soon as you get in a little mud, they pack up and turn into slicks. Mine probably had 10k left in them before I really needed to replace them, but with snow just around the corner, I figured I'd better get rid of them before I got stuck somewhere out in the cold.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:13 PM

Thanks for making me feel better, I cut a lot of wood in the winter and it takes a little bit to get down to where I cut. I had Wrangler ATS tires that were great in the snow but worthless in the mud and even wet dirt.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:40 PM

I did a lot of research before getting these, and all I read about them was good. They're a brand new design. The tread has some pretty aggressive siping that helps throw out mud and snow, but they have some kind of kevlar stuff in them that keeps them from making noise. The sidewalls have reinforcement too that supposed to help guard against punctures. They better have something for what they cost. LOL

In the stock 18", you're pretty limited in what's available, especially since they are 10 ply. The choice was between a few Continentals, a grossly overpriced Michelin, and a couple different Goodyears.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:49 AM

What did they run you for the set, installed?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:08 PM

A few dollars north of 900 bucks with road hazard and all. They're definitely not one of the cheaper options.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:22 PM

nice, how many miles you get out of the stockers? my 06 has a lot left on em but at 23k almost, i tow a lot.

I really had always wanted the factory 20s, maybe 285/65/20 BFGs or something. Dont want a overly aggressive tire, something ok in the snow since i dont do any off roading really. I didnt think the contis on the highway were noisy, since in dirty jersey, the rednecks all got huge mud & knobby tires on their rigs, i hear them a mile away, i think THATS noisy lol. If i can stay close to the contis in noise id be happy

nice truck too
Old 11-19-2007, 05:37 PM

The truck had 42k on it when I changed the tires. I probably could have gotten another 5k out of the Contis, but with snow just around the corner, I decided to go ahead and replace them. The Goodyears are not any noisier than the Contis except on very rough pavement, like when it's scraped off before they repave.

I think they make the Goodyear in 20" too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.