I got zero responses in the suspension section hopefully the 6.0 friends can help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I got zero responses in the suspension section hopefully the 6.0 friends can help

This is the thread I created in the suspension forum Options for lifting my 2wd

I got zero responses.

My truck sits as low as my wifes envoy. I have no idea why, I know that on the leafsprung trucks they could order the x code springs and it would give a fairly decent lift, is that an option on my coil spring front end? Is the dealer the best place to get the springs?

I've also looked at possibly adding air suspension to the front but I have found almost nothing for the 2wd of course, I have rear air bags for towing and they are wonderful but when I have them aired up to tow the rear is a good 3-4" above the front end and it looks silly and drives even sillier.

I know I can put a leveling kit on and get a good 2" of lift but I still won't be at stock f350 height compared to other trucks I've parked next to. Were there a set of very short/soft springs for the f350 from the factory? I have seen the table that gives the different rates for the leaf springs but not for the coil springs.

I have found these air helper springs. F-350 Pickup Air Lift 1000 Kit (AL-80537-F350) | Strutmasters.com but I'm not sure if they will give me a sufficient lift for what I want.

I know I could go fabtech but I don't have 2k to throw at the front suspension and still not have my alignment done, I just want stock ride height!

Thanks for any help guys I'm quite befuddled at why this truck is so stinking low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I put a 6" procomp on my 01 2wd and sat barley higher than a f350. Those are only bout 600-800 bucks. 2". Will not be enough on a 2wd. I can send some pics if you like.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 PM
I Like Shiny Things :)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
long and short of it, because it's a 2 wheel drive. Since it's only 2WD and is more likely to see more Highway, city, and towing use, ground clearance is not an important factor, plus you lose clearance from the springs sitting on a solid axle. You can look across the board to other manufacturers as well, the 2WD models are lower a good 90% of the time.

The springs are different betweed 4WD and 2WD and you might be able to gain some clearance going to the 4WD, but it's not going to get you far. On the other hand of things though, generally lift kits for 2WDs are cheaper.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

if you could post pics that would be great, im in the same boat and i was considering this

6" Basic System w/ Performance Shocks - 2005-07 Ford F250 2WD w/ V10 & Diesel

but im not sure i really want a 6 inch lift
Old 02-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!

There are only 2 options for our 2wds, a 2 inch spacer that levels the front end, or the Fabtech 6 inch lift kit: 6" Basic System w/ Performance Shocks - 2005-07 Ford F250 2WD w/ V10 & Diesel

My truck has the 2 inch leveling kit and that 6 inch lift kit would bring it up 4 inches from how it sits now.

Do the 2 inch kit for now, but make sure you buy a metal spacer, not the poly ones!

You'll like it a little better and you can save $$$ for the 6 inch lift.

There are 3 ebay stores that have the kits for under $1300 all the time.

Talk to me if you ever need to replace your front rotors, they are fun...
Old 02-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!

Here are the ebay links.

Leveling kit: Ford F250 F350 Super Duty 2WD 2" Leveling Lift Kit FB2 | eBay

6 inch kit: 2005 2007 Ford F 250 Super Duty 2WD Fabtech 6" Basic System K2060 | eBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.