wiring tow mirrors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 03:15 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wiring tow mirrors

I need to buy some towing mirrors, was wandering lhow hard it is to wire up the ones that are heated with turn signal. I have power mirrors now the small ones non towing. just wandering if I would have to change the plug or would they plug rite in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Emergency Services

Truck Performance Parts Diesel Pickup Truck Performance Parts Powerstroke Parts Buy Online has something on there site or has access to a wiring guide..contact someone over there and im sure they would help
Old 11-07-2007, 03:09 PM

I now have another ? I took the door panel off and I have the rectangle plug, but I have about 6 or 7 wires going to the plug but the mirror plug only has 3 wires, does that mean I am already wired for the heated, power, and turn signal mirrors.. If this helps I have a build date of 11-02, lariat edition with the small power mirrors. I need to make a decision quick, cant decide between the lighted mirrors and power and heat only. can some guys give me and opinion on what they would do. the turn signal mirrors are about $220 more than the heated and power mirrors.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Emergency Services

do u live somewhere that u even need heated mirrors? if u do u can just wire the heating element wire to a switch or a 12v when key on circuit and ur good to go...i dunno how to tell if the wires u see at the rectangle plug are wired for the heating part of it but maybe some one else knows for sure...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.