Paint Job Advice.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Paint Job Advice..

I was washing the truck Saturday and noticed about a 3 inch strip along the bed rail of paint peeling...it's down to the second white coat. Every time I look at the paint on this truck, it makes me think more and more that it's been painted...and whoever did it did a horrible CHEAP job. Does anyone have any suggestions on whats the cheapest/best way to get a monster like this painted? I've actually had paint shops here in the Ft. Walton Beach area tell me they can't do anything for me cuz my truck's too big and would take too much paint. I don't really wanna pay the $7,000 I was quoted over in Pensacola...but I want it done right. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not too familiar with painting vehicles...but is it that hard to do? Or would you suggest going to a professional? Thanks

-Ben
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Insurance deductable.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Insurance deductable? What exactly can I claim though? It wasn't really in an accident or anything, I think it just has a really cheap paint job on it. How does that work?
Old 11-06-2007, 05:38 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Not sure about filing a claim, but unless you know what you are doing, I'd recommend taking it to a professional who can take the top layer off (prep is key or the new paint won't adhere properly), repaint several coats and then lay down several coats of clear.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

We don't condone insurance fraud here.

Last edited by Marty; 11-06-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If it is just one area, why not just have the panel repainted? White is a fairly easy color to get good results on a re-paint. One of my friends runs a collision center near Atlanta and he repainted his wife's Dodge truck for a Christmas present last year, they did a complete stripe removal, removed all moulding, emblems etc, shot it with both of the color coats, then applied clear, color sanded and buffed, finished it off will all new factory striping and new mouldings. Other than the fact this truck looks so good for being a 95, you would be hard pressed to find that it was repainted. This truck really looks good now, he said if he had to pay full price for the work done it would have been 3500.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Serving Our Country!

Thanks for the info...I'll see what happens...I'm about to spend some money on injectors first it seems....if it's not one thing it's another. LOL
Old 11-07-2007, 02:38 AM
Serving Our Country!

Ya, I don't think I'm gonna go the Insurance Fraud way...that's not right.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:30 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by f250ghost View Post
Thanks for the info...I'll see what happens...I'm about to spend some money on injectors first it seems....if it's not one thing it's another. LOL
Truer words were never spoken! By the way, Ghost, how do you like your MTZ setup? I've got them and I'm looking to replace them. Are they wearing quickly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.