leveling kit to high - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 06:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
leveling kit to high

I installed a 2.5in level kit on my 06 f250 and now the front sits way high, how can I lift the rear just 1in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 06:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Add a 1" block to the rear. It'll cost around $80 if you get new ubolts with it and it'll take you about 30 minutes to install it.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markleyboy View Post
I installed a 2.5in level kit on my 06 f250 and now the front sits way high, how can I lift the rear just 1in?
what type of leveling kit and how much was it?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I ordered it of ebay for $19.99 it goes under the spring, solid aluminum and worked out real nice.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Where can I order 1in blocks?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:51 AM

u don't want to stack blocks IMHO get a set of F350 blocks and u bolts they 1 inch taller and still have the integrated travel limit arm
Old 01-01-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
u don't want to stack blocks IMHO get a set of F350 blocks and u bolts they 1 inch taller and still have the integrated travel limit arm
The 350 blocks are actually 1.5" taller than the 250 blocks. Stacking blocks is fine unless you're doing a lot of offroading. There are hundreds of people on here with stacked blocks and they haven't had any issues. If you're going for an economical lift, stacking is the way to go. You can upgrade to a PMF (Precision Metal Fab) unitized block later.

Edit: If your lift was only $20 for the front and you don't like the height, just buy another lift from the same people that is only an 1.5" for the front and then you won't have to mess with the rear. It'll be cheaper than messing with the rear.

Last edited by fordpwrstroke7; 01-01-2013 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Added info for front options
Old 01-01-2013, 07:02 AM

Actually stacked blocks are illegal in some states and Ford lift kits seem to be the only ones that do it because the companies cheap out due to the limit arm being part of the casting

if I were doing a 1 inch spacer I would use a new center pin and make it part of the leaf pack myself

or agreed just settle the front down using the appropriate size puck
Old 01-01-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
Actually stacked blocks are illegal in some states and Ford lift kits seem to be the only ones that do it because the companies cheap out due to the limit arm being part of the casting

if I were doing a 1 inch spacer I would use a new center pin and make it part of the leaf pack myself

or agreed just settle the front down using the appropriate size puck
It may be illegal in A FEW states but it is also a FEDERAL law not to remove the emissions equipment from a vehicle...do you recommend people leave their catalytic converters in place and their DPF systems on the newer trucks?

To the original poster, stack the blocks or lower the front. Those will be your most economical options. Since you bought a $20 lift originally, I figure you're on a tight budget. I could recommend an OUO lift but that's not what you're going for. I'll keep my responses relevant for you.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:12 AM

Just sayin and you can't disagree stacked blocks is not ideal,, specially when doing it right isn't much more $

and DPS around here can pick out stacked blocks a lot faster than emissions related items missing not that this thread had anything to do with emissions

Quote:
Lift Blocks (41-6A-1630): Front lift blocks are prohibited. Stacking two or more rear blocks isn't allowed. This section also makes it illegal to use non-OE wheel spacers to increase a vehicle's track width.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.