Newbie - Need Advice on Everything! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newbie - Need Advice on Everything!

Hey fellas,
Just bought a 2003 F-250 2WD a couple of weeks ago swearing that I would keep it stock, but that's proving to not be the case (I should have learned after my car and bike)!

I want to put a leveling kit on it but it is 2WD and it appears that nobody makes 2WD leveling kits? I'm not really looking to lift it, and I'd like to retain my towing capability, but I do want to level it!

I'd also like to put bigger wheels and tires on as well. The stock 16x7 rims are on there and I was able to get new tires out of the dealership, but they put on these crappy commercial tires which look like pizza cutters on my truck! I was looking at KMC Hoss rims in black, 18x9 which lends me to my next couple of questions - what size tires, what lug pattern, what backspacing? I was looking at Toyo M/T tires? I would like to avoid any rubbing whatsoever

Now for a couple of interior questions - I'm in the navy and do a lot of diving, will neoprene seat covers be better than the stock cloth? Also the front seat belts take forever to wind back up and only with a lot of assistance, is there anything I can do to correct this?

How do I remove the front lisence plate holder?

Thanks in advance and here are a couple of pics of my truck!
Attached Thumbnails
Newbie - Need Advice on Everything!-dsc01973.jpg   Newbie - Need Advice on Everything!-dsc01974.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Daystar makes a leveling kit for 2wd's. Its hard to find people that have any experience with the kit because most SD's are 4wd but ive heard from others on DS that havent had any problems with the kit. They can be found on ebay and by googling Daystar leveling.

Youre lug pattern is 8x170 and when looking for wheels make sure you get a BS for 99-04 as the '05-07 and '08+ are different.

I had neoprene covers in my old Frontier and they were amazing. They got dirty as hell and when washed cleaned up just like new. The seats underneath never showed any signs of wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.