Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Removing Powerstroke Badges?

6K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Hans89 
#1 ·
I'm gonna be removing my "powerstroke turbo diesel" badges next weekend. Going to be using the hair dryer and string method to "saw" between the badge and the truck.

My question is, what thread should I use to make it the least of a headache for me? Fishing line? Which weight has worked well for you? Dental floss? Anything else? Thanks in advance :)

#2 ·
Fishing line. I think I used 20lb or so when doing my body side moldings. Dental floss isn't strong enough. Make sure you have some Goo Gone or the like to remove the excess double sided tape after the badge is removed. Also do you plan on doing anything with your badges? If not do you mind sending me one?

#23 ·
#3 ·
I'm not planning on doing anything with them. I'm replacing them with "INTERNATIONAL" lettering. I'm sure I can send you one. I'm in Canada though, so I'm not sure how much shipping costs. I'll check once it's off lol

#4 ·
Ok cool. Let me know when you get them off. Good luck! :thumb:

#5 ·
I'm planning to do it next weekend. That's the next time I'm home.

#7 ·
Ordered them online from Pure Diesel Power. Cost a lot for lettering, but I wanted it lol. Keep in mind it's lettering, not a badge. Each letter is individual. Makes installation a little more tricky, but hopefully the fronts will all be on one semi-sticky sheet to make it easier on me lol

#8 ·
#12 ·
Sure, no problem. Only thing I'm worried about is the stock vinyl on the side of the truck. You can see it in my profile picture. I'm guessing that if I install the international lettering in the same place as the powerstroke badge, some of the letters will be on vinyl, not the paint. Which, 1, looks kinda chitty. And 2, might not stick very well.

Any opinions?

#13 ·
Finally gonna get to this today. Just finished installing the multiple other things that came in the mail for my truck over the last week. Hopefully I can post some before and after pics either later today or tomorrow if it goes well. Wish me luck...I suck at this stuff hahahah

#14 ·
Boooo! Yeah Buddy! (Ronnie Coleman reference for any gym rats out there lol) Finally got the badges off. Came off super easy with 20 lbs fishing line ONCE I PUT ON LEATHER GLOVES so that my hands weren't getting sliced open by pulling on it. Pulled off the strip of adhesive by hand. Then used some Goof Off and a rag to remove the little bit of the gunk that was left. Used and alcohol swab and then some Frogtape to clean it all up (a waste, I know, but I wanted to be certain it was clean lol). After measuring and measuring again, finally got the badges stuck on each side. I'll try to attach two AFTER pics now, but we'll see if I can lol

Attachments

#16 ·
it looks good

#17 ·
Replied to your PM.

#19 ·
Thanks for the positive feedback, guys. Measuring was the hardest part. At least 2/3 of the time was spent measuring to make sure everything was exact lol

#21 ·
Haha some old guy tried to make fun of my truck for having the international badges. He's like "Der truck's got some funny wrong badges, ain't it?" Hope I set him straight when I had to explain that ford didn't make the 6.0 lol. Some people..haha

#22 ·
Looks awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.