Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New atomic LED cab lights... Looking for light smoked lenses. Any ideas? With VIDEO

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  got2lb 
#1 ·
I recently installed a set of Atomic LED Emergency Responder Series LED cab lights. I am a career Paramedic and part time firefighter in Canada. The guys at Atomic were good enough to build me a set that ran orange but strobe GREEN to meet the requirements of our personal vehicle response lighting. They look fantastic, but I am looking for a smoked lenses to put on instead of the clear ones I'm currently running to keep with the theme of my black truck but I don't want to inhibit light output too much. I don't want them as dark as the RECON lenses seem to be. Anyone have any personal experience with lenses with a lighter tint on them? I found these on Ebay, but it's hard to tell from just pictures as to how dark they really are.

Ford F150,F250 LD 1997-2003 Cab Roof Lights Platinum SMK | eBay

Here is a short video the installer did with my Atomic lights in action:

#2 ·
Recon lenses look dark, but aren't

especially if your lights are LED. my Recon bulbs light up pretty bright.

I'd be more worried about how the tint/shade of darker lenses will change the actual colors. Green with tint might show as blue

#4 ·
Good point. I figure for $35 or so I'll buy a set and see what's up. I can always sell them locally I guess : )

#5 ·
I emailed the guys at atomic just the other day asking them if they would sell the responder set with the smoked lenses and they said they would for an extra $5 a lens so only roughly $25, might want to check with them. Did they charge you extra for the green color? I asked them about white and they flat out just said no.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.