The Tressa MOD!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The Tressa MOD!!!

Okay Im guessin this has been done already but here is my spin on what Im callin the Tressa mod. Tressa is my 16 year old who informed me she couldnt see the rear tires at nite. Im not sure what the rear fenders cost and I could already hear the " well Dad I TOLD YOU I COULDNT SEE THE REAR SO ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!" so this is what I came up with...
I removed the front 2 lights that I didnt reeley think did much good any way, and that also opened up some air flow. I took the wiring for the lights and ran the power for the Tressa mod so u use the dash switch for on/off.
This is what I get at nite-
And ya I know somebodys gonna say something about rear facing driving lights but a cops gonna have to be lookin reel hard to notice these so Ill take my chance.
Well thats my first mod...so what do ya think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 07:21 PM

They look good! Any reason you didn't wire them to come on with the reverse lights? Or did you want to be able to use them in drive also?
I don't think a cop would hassle you unless you leave them on while driving.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:29 PM

Im more concerned with her/me being able to see say a fence post at night as she's turning...but I am looking into so good reverse lights.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:42 PM

Ahh, ok. That makes sense, especially with the dually fenders. You're brave letting your 16Yo drive your truck. the majority of the 16Yo girls I know would never be allowed to sit in the driver seat with my truck in gear. The exception is my girlfriend, she pulls her dads 16 ft enclosed behind his cclb f350 like it's nothing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC against my will
Old 08-12-2012, 08:51 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
Im more concerned with her/me being able to see say a fence post at night as she's turning...but I am looking into so good reverse lights.
If you are looking for some really bright reverse lights, they make a hid kit for the reverse light bulbs... I had some of my regular LEDs in there before and they are nothing compared to the hids, they are like $65 for the pair but are way brighter than the $40 Cree bulbs some people sell. Here is a picture of them in my buddies dodge. The good thing about these is that they are contained in your tail lights so unlike extra lights no need for more wiring,extra switches,lights to bash,etc

Old 08-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Which 2 front light are you talking about removing? And any way to get a picture of inside the step end cap?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 08-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
thats actually pretty cool. and ive seen people just mount external lights up under the rear of the truck for reverse lights. my buddy installed 2 tractor lights under his wired to a toggle switch
Old 08-13-2012, 05:08 AM

The 2 lights I removed were the dual 3x3 lights next to the plate. Never reeley thought they did too much good and they looked like they blocked alot of air flow.
Ill go out today and pull the end cap off and take a pic but reeley nuttin to show. the light wedge's itself in pretty tight and with a health dose of epoxy she aint goin nowere. We used this stuff to hold panels and lights together back when I drove trucks out of Michigan so it should hold up.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdown89 View Post
If you are looking for some really bright reverse lights, they make a hid kit for the reverse light bulbs... I had some of my regular LEDs in there before and they are nothing compared to the hids, they are like $65 for the pair but are way brighter than the $40 Cree bulbs some people sell. Here is a picture of them in my buddies dodge. The good thing about these is that they are contained in your tail lights so unlike extra lights no need for more wiring,extra switches,lights to bash,etc

Those are the chit! any idea of the make or were he got them?
Old 08-13-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvrider93 View Post
Ahh, ok. That makes sense, especially with the dually fenders. You're brave letting your 16Yo drive your truck. the majority of the 16Yo girls I know would never be allowed to sit in the driver seat with my truck in gear. The exception is my girlfriend, she pulls her dads 16 ft enclosed behind his cclb f350 like it's nothing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC against my will
Brave? No. Out numbered? Yes I got a house full of them! And if I cause to much of a stir Im not sure they wont take me out....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.