Suspension lean - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Suspension lean

I just had my truck aligned after I installed all 4 ball joints and now i notice that the pass. side is sitting a good half inch lower than the drivers the whole length of the truck. I can't remember if it was like this before the alignment, i dont think it was. I think my pass. side rear spring is starting to sag, it noticeably less arch than the driver side, and the overload spring is closer to the stops. Would a sagging rear spring make the front sag too? i know its usually the driver side but this time its not. i wanted to get new rear springs anyway, just wondering if this would possibly correct this? Also I had the shop add a couple degrees of caster to the front to get rid of the wander, they had less on one than the other to compensate for road crown. Would having a different caster adjustment side to side cause the front to sag? I know on my early Bronco if the radius arms aren't clamped to the axle at the same angle it can cause a similar lean (pretty common). Could this be a similar issue? Sorry for the long post just trying to describe it the best I can. If any more info would help let me know and i'll see what I can do.

Thanks
Tyler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 07:31 PM

Anybody have any ideas?
Old 06-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!

I have read many topics on here that seem to suggest that is just the way they sit; high on the driver's side.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:55 PM

I haven't seen anybody with a truck thats high on the driver side. All the ones I have read about are low on the driver side. I found that if i jack up the rear of the truck on the pass. side (low side) until the rear sits level it levels out the front. Unfortunately I have to jack up the rear pretty far to get it level, but it does level out. The only thing left to do is try swapping springs. I know the truck wasn't always sitting like this. It has sat level in the past. I'm out of ideas and its really frustrating me. When I had the alignment done, I had the shop add a couple degrees of caster to the front end to help the wander. Is it possible that in doing this it caused the truck to lean, whether its forcing it down or binding?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.