Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New Windshield - "Super Duty" logo an Extra $150

16K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Fantom 
#1 ·
I don't think I need the Super Duty logo on my windshield THAT bad. $400 vs $250. I'll take the $250.

#3 ·
I will admit that it is a lot for some letting. However, every non OE windshield I have had has not been near the same quality as the original Ford Carlite. Each aftermarket windshield I had you could see waves in it. If I ever have to replace the windshield in the truck I will make sure I get the OE Carlite because IMO, it is the best quality and worth every penny.

#11 ·
The problem with replacement glass such as safelite and others is that their glass is thinner. One rock hits the replacement glass and it is going to crack. The factory carlite glass is where it's at.
I agree! I will never replace my windshield with anything but Ford Carlite glass. You truly get what you pay for and those aftermarket windshields are garbage! :icon_ford:

#5 ·
I just had my windshield replaced today about 3 hours ago.

Had an aftermarket cheapo deluxe in there and it wasn't the best quality. I had been debating on replacement since buying it just never wanted to fork out the money. Until last week when i got go nice crack in it. Now i have OEM ford glass and superduty writing in mine and its noticeable better. Plus it only cost me $50 bucks.

#6 ·
The problem with replacement glass such as safelite and others is that their glass is thinner. One rock hits the replacement glass and it is going to crack. The factory carlite glass is where it's at.

#7 ·
^^ I have noticed that not on my own truck, but customers cars i would see regularly that would cheap out on something like that. and then be replacing more often.

I know when i got my crack, it didnt take much from the rock.

#8 ·
I didn't realize mine was a replacement until a couple of weeks after I bought my truck (not OEM). Wasn't on my radar when I was looking it over...oh well no issues so far so I guess it's good to go. If I ever need a new one I'd probably opt for the factory original just because I evidently like to waste money on vehicles (so says the wife...lol).

#9 ·
We'll see what it takes to crack this one in due course, no doubt. The crack in my original windshield was from a big-*** (official term) rock off a dump truck driving through Birmingham a few years ago. Scared the living poop outta me when it hit, and that only starred it about the size of a 50 cent piece. I had it filled and that lasted until last year when cracks started growing from it.

#10 ·
If you have a good set of polarized sun glasses you will see every imperfection and wave in the cheap glass. It has driven me crazy in previous vehicles.

#14 ·
Afaik, they do not. Could be wrong though.

#15 ·
Every windshield on my truck has been OEM, and I've been through 7 of them. Needing a new one right now because safelite's chip repair cracked it. Mine has the little Harley logos all the way around the outside. At one point I had to wait 3 weeks for a Harley windshield to be made and it was somewhere around $1,100.

#16 ·
Holy crap you go through bumper paint and windshields like water. :hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.