Can I Go Any Higher? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can I Go Any Higher?

Hey Powerstroke Heads!

I've got a 2006 F250 Powerstroke. I've currently got a Fabtech 6" suspension lift on my truck. It is only a 2WD and I hear that's about as high as I can get. It there anything higher I can get, or is there anything I can add to the Fabtech lift to get it a bit higher?

I wouldn't mind trying to run 37" Toyo M/T's if I had the clearance. Any input would be great! Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
you can def go higher.. but its all gonna be custom work.. we have a 25" lift on my friends f-150 running on 40" tires on 22" wheels... that thing is HUGE..... but your talking about serious money.... full axle conversion up front... prob looking at 10k easily lol
Old 09-26-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
you can def go higher.. but its all gonna be custom work.. we have a 25" lift on my friends f-150 running on 40" tires on 22" wheels... that thing is HUGE..... but your talking about serious money.... full axle conversion up front... prob looking at 10k easily lol
Haha, well I don't think I'll be going quite that high, but I'm glad to hear I can go a bit higher. What are my options as far going about another 2 inches more up?

And what would the estimated cost be? Hopefully it's nothing too out of the park.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
man i would have to call and find out... noone that i know has a bolt on kit for a 2wd above 6" so your still looking at a custom kit... which usually means a lot of $$$$ if you only wanted to go up 2" it prob wouldn't be worth it because for a lil more you could prob go up a lot higher.... your prob still lookin at a full front axle conversion to be safe with a custom 4 Link system..... im guessing over 5k
Old 09-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Rice Hunter

A body lift may be your cheap solution if ya just want 2 more inches. I'm just not much on them myself. 37" tire will only give ya an extra inch though. Them shoes are already lookin good. Any bigger is gonna require some trimmin
Old 09-26-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Freak View Post
A body lift may be your cheap solution if ya just want 2 more inches. I'm just not much on them myself. 37" tire will only give ya an extra inch though. Them shoes are already lookin good. Any bigger is gonna require some trimmin
Yeah, I love the way it looks, and thanks for the compliment! I thought I'd just ask and see what was available. 5K can be put to a better use for my truck! But thanks for the input and I promise I won't let the .org down!!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:16 PM

You have to find someone willing to bend the I-beams, then you have to have custom 2WD coil springs made and get 5" blocks. Mine is getting this done as we speak. Forget body lift unless you can find somebody willing to deal with the intercooler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.