Any Leer 100R truck cap owners? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any Leer 100R truck cap owners?

I need some kind of cap on my truck to discourage thieves from stealing my tools. I'm considering either the Pace Edwards bedlocker or the Leer 100R full cap with the the Windoors. I do HVAC work, so I haul a lot of air conditioning condensers that are about 38" tall. The literature shows the tailgate to top of the liftgate clearance as 20". I measure 19 1/4" from my bedliner to the top of the tailgate, so that should give me the clearance I need, barely. I just wanted to make sure the literature was correct. If anyone has this cap, would you mind measuring the bed floor to liftgate clearance with it open?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned

at work we have a 350 with a Jason workforce caps which is a fiberglass cap. Looks soo much better then aluminum. The way they sold the cap to us was they brought out a 250 pound man that jumped up and down on the cap and i never even bowed. Locking doors all the way around carpeted inside. and if you drop in a bed rug makes it look really good. plus makes a great truck to take on road trips. Heres a link to check them out Heavy Duty Aluminum Caps - Products - Jason Industries
Old 09-23-2007, 07:44 PM

Cool. There's a dealer pretty close to me, so I'm going to take a look at them. How expensive are they? The leer I'm looking at is $1225 + $110 for each windoor for the side openings.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Banned

umm i dont know exact number but im thinking it was 2k for the cap painted(color matched) completely carpeted inside with lights, 72" tool boxes on both sides, and dark glass tinted rear window. I know the run specials on their caps all the time so if you go in and tell them you heard they were running a special they might still honor it. Im not trying to talk you into it or anything. But if you get a cap this makes your truck look really close to a excursion. I just think the aluminum caps make the truck look bad. but to each his own
Old 09-24-2007, 08:40 PM

Oh, I know. I'd never even consider an aluminum cap. I looked at the Jason caps today. They're 400 bucks cheaper than that comparable Leer caps. They're also very nice. Thanks for the tip.

I took a look at the literature today, and I'm going to get a price on the Cyber cap tomorrow. It's the one with curved side glass and the snap shut liftgate like an SUV. I saw a picture of one on a 4 door super duty, and it looked just like an Excursion.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Banned

no problem let me know how it turns out. We use ours everyday and have never had a problem even parking in downtown cincinnati!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:26 PM

I went back today and got to see one in person. The owner of the dealership had an 02 Super Duty with the exact cap I was thinking about. It's really sweet looking. I ended up ordering Jason's top-of-the-line Cyber with the tilt down front slider, wrap over rail sides, and a carpeted interior. They're even going to glass in a couple pieces of wood to the interior roof so I can screw some florescent lights and hooks to hang small things on. They'll do about anything custom you want and are willing to deal. The Leer dealers won't come off their price at all.

I got the whole thing for $1550. They did the options for me at cost and knocked like $350 off MSRP. The similar Leer with the options I got would have been over 2K. It should be here in about a week. I'll post some pics when it's installed.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned

thats awesome lets see some pics when it comes in, what about 4 weeks?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:50 PM

They said 10 to 14 days. I'm hoping it comes that quickly. Leer said 3-4 weeks. That's the other reason I went with Jason.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had a Leer Cap and the windows leaked really bad. When I contacted Leer about fixing them, they told me they were out of warranty, even though it was only a few years old. Basically the seals had all failed.

I went with a ARE cap, and had it custom built. 100x's better and 100% lockable.

Check out our Truck Gallery to see tons of photos.

Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.