Sick and tired for the front sag... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sick and tired for the front sag...

so I've been looking at my options on leveling my 03 F350.
1. It seems like there are many on the forum who just do an add-a-leaf in the front. My local les schwab will use tuff country add-a-leaf 1.5" for $270 (this includes labor and alignment). It sounds like a pretty good deal, but I'm wonder what your opinions are on this add-a-leaf kit. I'm just not sure if I'll be happy knowing it will only lift the front end up 1.5 inches.

2. Another option is to use the tuff country 2.5" leveling spring pack. Have any of you used this system (good or bad). Seems like a better opition but les schwab said that they had never heard of it and won't install it since I didn't buy from them. I can get this kit online for $229 and includes shipping. Also, an acquintance of mine who owns a Tire Factory said he would install it, but I would pay $211 in labor fees and alignment.

3. Last, is to go with the 2" Mini Front spring pack made by Donahoe Racing ($225 includes shipping). I've heard great things about this company and their lift kits but nothing about the leveling kit.

My final question is this... is putting on a leveling kit something I can do myself even though I don't have any experience in this field? I have a neighbor/friend who manufactures aftermarket tractor parts and repairs tractors for a living and I was thinking maybe I could possibly use his shop and tools if I did some work on the side for him. This would allow me to skip the labor fees and I would just take it into a tire shop for the alignment.

Any opinions and guidence would be much appreciated.

Moon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2007, 12:39 PM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
skip the labor fees and do it your self.. you need some C clamps and some regular tools along with a buddy for a helping hand. take you a couple hours and its free.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yep, that's what I truly want to do. I don't like the idea of having someone else work on it, but at the same time I don't want to screw anything up either.
Any opinions on add-a-leafs, spring pack, or mini spring pack?

Moon
Old 07-26-2007, 04:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just installed the DR 2.5 levelling kit on my truck took about two hours, just make sure you set the frame rails on tall enough jack stands to drop the axle low enough to get the new springs in other then that it was very simple to install.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:01 AM
Beer Drinker/Ballast Guy

The whole process is rather simple. Deffinatly need some c-clamps and give your self plenty of time to get it done since S($* happen at the most inoppertune moment. I did mine and it took two of us 4 hours. Lining the axel back up and getting everything right took the most time. Other than that I suggest you go for it and do it yourself. Mucho self satisfaction when people ask you about it.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:02 AM
Beer Drinker/Ballast Guy

The whole process is rather simple. Deffinatly need some c-clamps and give your self plenty of time to get it done since S($* happen at the most inoppertune moment. I did mine and it took two of us 4 hours. Lining the axel back up and getting everything right took the most time. Other than that I suggest you go for it and do it yourself. Mucho self satisfaction when people ask you about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.